Stump The Pro

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out the 3rd part of the Sheldon"Scott" English questions actually went to number 1 in January of 75 not 74 btw.[one of the last singles on the Bell label.....I had the 45 btw]

From Scott English post: "2- 1967 UK artist #14 UK (didn't chart in the US) Backup singer Rod Stewart became a superstar in '71. Dave Ambrose from Brian Auger's Trinity is on bass."
207056.jpg
View attachment 9410

"B-side has been credited as "first heavy metal riff." IT IS NOT TO BE MISSED!! John Entwistle was scheduled to play bass on the B-side, but was replaced by John Paul Jones at the last minute. B side was written by Jimmy Page and features him on guitar."

Beck's Bolero is the only track from the lineup that was to be Led Zeppelin, but never happened. The name reportedly came from a Moon quip, "it'll go over like a Led Zeppelin!" Supposedly, the plug was pulled because Keith Moon's Who contract could not be broken. The record features: Beck, Page, Moon, Jones and Nicky Hopkins on piano. It is also on the Beck LP Truth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmO0OZC6Ifk
Beck's_Bolero_45_Columbia_DB8151.jpg
View attachment 9409

I did not know Seeburg put out anything other than elevator music. I'll to keep an eye out for this one.

Basil Hammoudi, Butch Hauf and Alfred "Fred" Mönicks were in Organisation. I think they morphed into Kraftwerk.

Question #1 in the Sheldon "Scott" English post was Help Me, Girl:
animals%u00252520sp283624.jpg
eric-burdon-and-the-animals-help-me-girl-mgm-2.jpg

Simultaneously released in the US, Cleveland's Outsiders' version:
the-outsiders-usa-help-me-girl-1966.jpg

1- 1966 UK group #29 US, #14 UK. Simultaneously, a US group released it. That recording went to #37.

#2 was Hi Ho, Silver Lining by Beff Jeck (see above.)

3- 1975 (released in '74) US singer. It went to #1 in the US & Canada, #11 UK (what was it's original title?) In 1971, English released it under his own name and the original title. It went to #12 UK, #91 US.

My compatriot 20 miles east of me got #3 in the Scott English post. It was, of course, Barry Alan Pincus:
barry-manilow-mandy-bell.jpg
Barry-Manilow-Barry-Manilow-II-366285.jpg

On the box set, you'll hear Manilow doing a demo of Mandy, in which he persists in singing Brandy, the original title:
3258-3375-thickbox.jpg

Original 1971 UK Scott English single:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-zhg1BeUkQ
Brandy-scott-english.jpg

I found out the 3rd part of the Sheldon"Scott" English questions actually went to number 1 in January of 75 not 74 btw.[one of the last singles on the Bell label.....I had the 45 btw]

Match the real name with the stage name. There are 12 birth names and 11 stage names. Very curious!:

Birth names:
Richard Elvern Marsh
Francine Hurd Barker
Dominick Safuto
Glyn Geoffrey Ellis
David Howell Evans
Linda Greene
Paul Francis Gadd
Randy Craig Wolfe
Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
Henry Saint Clair Fredericks
Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien

Stage names:
Gary Glitter
Lady Gaga
Sting
Taj Mahal
Peaches (& Herb)
Wayne Fontana
Dusty Springfield
Sky Saxon
Randy (& the Rainbows)
The Edge
Randy California

This guy was a guitar virtuoso, playing on his knees, standing on his amplifier, and playing his guitar behind his head. He is mentioned in this thread. Jimi Hendrix acknowledged him as an influence. Who is he?
The-Jimi-Hendrix-Experien-006.jpg

Back