Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to and watching the Tokyo concert from the Thrak Box. Awesome to have this document of the band from 1995 sounding so fine in surround. Still, the shows last fall in Toronto were way beyond this, and I hope that there will be a visual document coming somewhere from the 2015 or 2016 tour dates...although I haven't heard of anyone seeing cameras at venues...

I don't think that anything's been properly filmed from these latest King Crimson shows either, but there's always this year, or even if that doesn't pan out, there is supposed to be a full live album from the 2014 US tour released at some point too, maybe with a surround mix included! :)

This one screams for a surround version, please Mr.Prent :worthy
fkmyj7.jpg

I'm playing this one today to celebrate finally getting the Slow Train Coming SACD that should arrive sometime next week :)

The last 2 nights I watched/listened to the History of the Eagles Blu ray set and today I listened to David Bowie's Stage DVD Audio disc.

Mirrors my story and thoughts. I will be seeing the surround master himself in a few weeks at my favourite venue...Massey Hall. can't wait

My feelings about SACDs have changed a lot since I posted that. In particular, I'd have to say when it comes to Audio Fidelity or Analogue Productions, I prefer those to many DVDs (A or V) or blu-rays.

I'm exploring my Public Library's collection. This is a nice DVD-V which features DTS 5.1 mixes made from 1977-1979 recordings. My impression is that these could be made from Quad tapes. I like Ormandy a lot so this was a no-brainer for me to pick up.

My feelings about SACDs have changed a lot since I posted that. In particular, I'd have to say when it comes to Audio Fidelity or Analogue Productions, I prefer those to many DVDs (A or V) or blu-rays.

I hear ya. Comes down to source material and the guys at the controls for these wonderful formats. I do however enjoy some of the multimedia aspects of Blu-Ray and DVD audio(story boards, photos, video, lyrics, etc.) plus of course the extra capacity which guys like Steven Wilson use to add max value for fans.

4 1/2 - Steven Wilson Blu-Ray Audio

WOW! Would you expect me to say anything else...even after the first song? On song number 5 now...Vermillioncore. Wow again...each song is generally VERY different. This is one a wild rocker with some super sweet keyboards bombing around in the speakers. Couple songs are slow, quiet and very moody/somber...but so far, I'd say it has the harder edge that many of us like (PT like in some cases)

Capture.JPG

Gadzooks.. Now even the UK releases are coming out in the U.S before they're available here..!! :yikes

I am officially, Gene, green as a sprout (and I don't do jealousy.. I've usually got this stuff before you lot anyway.. apart from Mike in New Zealand, he always gets this stuff first.. ;) )... dammit.. I wanna hear it! I wanna hear it! I wanna hear it! Come on Amazon you b@st@rdos.. Stand and deliver!!! :flame: (well they did deliver earlier and I was expecting 4 1/2 to be in the packet but NOOOOO... just a load of other crud!) Grrrrrrr.... HULK SMASH..!!!! :D Hahahaha..
Ps. This rant sponsored by Chardonnay.. :smokin

Something that may, or may not have been clear. Songs below are not all in 5.1
The first 7 songs are in 5.1
Songs 8-12 are not...though 8-12 are actually not on main menu, they are part of a sub catagory called "VERSIONS".

Capture.JPG

Back