ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tag and that is causing the quoted portion to display incorrectly. Every [QUOTE tag must have a corresponding
tag.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, aint that the truth, confusing to me also. I am still learning the QQ site and making mistakes as I bump along
What I did there was I wraped the quote and then I deleted the photos so it got all screwed up.[/QUOTE]

No problem...you are doing fine..you were responding to my post...I watched the Madison Square Garden DVD today and it's a great performance...but I prefer THIS ONE

Finally sprung for the "corrected polarity" RBCD of XTC's Skylarking. Sounds great. Whether they can locate the multitracks for Skylarking is anyone's guess but, IMHO, that would make a spectacular BD~A in 5.1!

Well they were able to locate a full set of multitracks that they believed were missing not long before that, so is it "Skylarking"? We'll just have to wait and see! (But regardless, I'll be happy as long as it's another 80s album.) :)

Well they were able to locate a full set of multitracks that they believed were missing not long before that, so is it "Skylarking"? We'll just have to wait and see! (But regardless, I'll be happy as long as it's another 80s album

RT, that would be splendid since, IMHO, Skylarking is one of XTC's most accessible and melodic albums. Hopefully, we'll also be treated [finally] to Steve Wilson's 5.1 remix of Tears For Fears "The Seeds of Love" which, I know, is MUCH anticipated on this forum.

RT, that would be splendid since, IMHO, Skylarking is one of XTC's most accessible and melodic albums. Hopefully, we'll also be treated [finally] to Steve Wilson's 5.1 remix of Tears For Fears "The Seeds of Love" which, I know, is MUCH anticipated on this forum.

"The Seeds of Love" definitely seems to be a given for this year now that the remixing has finally been completed, and I can't wait to hear it!
It's in 2nd place right now for most anticipated SW remix, falling only behind "Roxy Music". 3rd right now would be "Tales from Topographic Oceans" (gotta keep the faith!) but depending on what the next XTC remix is, "Tales" could potentially be bumped down to 4th.
I'm also still hoping for some surprise remixes this year, especially from artists that SW has not worked with yet. Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Strange Things Found In Your Inbox

Why yes, wouldn't I be the coolest guy on the sand with my new Joe Bonamassa beach towel? Geez, Joe, maybe stick to trying to get your music mastered and mixed right :rolleyes:

Bona-Stack_Beach_Towel_large_zpsigf1pwro.jpg

"The Seeds of Love" definitely seems to be a given for this year now that the remixing has finally been completed, and I can't wait to hear it!

I am dying to hear it too, but we're supposed to see a new TFF album this summer. I know I read somewhere that we won't see the Seeds of Love box until they're done promoting the new LP. Who knows, maybe that still means a late 2016 release, I certainly hope so. But now that TFF has been bitten by the 5.1 bug, perhaps the new album will have a surround mix as well? That would be a nice surprise.

I am dying to hear it too, but we're supposed to see a new TFF album this summer. I know I read somewhere that we won't see the Seeds of Love box until they're done promoting the new LP. Who knows, maybe that still means a late 2016 release, I certainly hope so. But now that TFF has been bitten by the 5.1 bug, perhaps the new album will have a surround mix as well? That would be a nice surprise.

I think a late 2016 release for the reissue of "The Seeds of Love" is still probable at this point, especially if the new album comes out in the Spring or Summer, and if that also has surround, I'm definitely in for it. Otherwise, I'll add it to the streaming list. ;)

Yes, now that would be very cool and would be a wonderful surprise if the new TFF had a surround mix on it as well.
Seeds of Love, can't wait, just had a relisten to SFTBC and just so love the fact that SW mixes these only and has flat transfers, so nice to the ears and so crankable and fun to listen to.

Today marks my first purchase from China...I guess since Buick feels safe making their cars in that country..I could probably order a SACD from this destination...so the details...I ordered this SACD on Jan 18th and a few days later it was shipped...on the 21th...I received it today!..so basically it only took 2 weeks from China to Florida...and I was delighted to see how it was packed...it was "smothered" in bubble wrap...it was 2 inches of "compressed" bubble wrap(scotch tape condensed it)so it was pristine(no cracks in the case)when it arrived..the next nice thing was the price...I couldn't even find this disc on acoustic sounds or elusive disc...but I did find it on importcds...and the price was very good..it was $28.19 +$2.99(shipping)and $1.87(tax for Florida residents)which came to $33.05...now my yesasia.com purchase came to $28.58...$24.59 plus $3.99 for shipping....a total of $28.58...so $4 and change difference...but my main goal was to try out yesasia...as I had previously seen items I was interested in but was reluctant to take a chance on ordering from China...based on this purchase I will have no reservation going forward...and cupboy has given a strong endorsement on the sound quality of this disc..so everything worked fine for me...here are some picutures...I tried to give people an idea of the thickness of the bubble wrap but the picture is blurry..links for yesasia and importcds are under the last picture below..

001.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

yesasia link here
importcds link here

Not sure if this has been talked about here but I didn't know about this, could be interesting Anderson/Wakeman/Rabin project, touring and maybe a release of new material later this year/next year

http://forbassplayersonly.com/chris-squires-death-galvanizes-ex-yes-members/

I'm really hoping this will be great, and honestly, these three guys are closer to the true essence of Yes for me than the current lineup of Yes that is out touring now. (Although I don't mean any disrespect at all to Alan White and particularly to Steve Howe as they also represent that true essence as well, but they are only two out of five current members.)

Been using Wimp since the start, now I suppose it's time to move over to Tidal (although I really like the interface in wimp). But I suppose Tidal offers the same hifi function (cd quality) like Wimp does?

Back