ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ERIC CLAPTON FANS...take note...more of what you don't want is coming your way...since the record companies realize that most of us know that the endless procession of remastering versions are just a way of milking more and more money from the same songs..although this is a "new" release with new songs and some cover songs....they asked the marketing department to come up with a new way to fleece us...straight from the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey(a famous circus for you European posters) playbook...I give you the "looks like" a vacuum tube USB!....for our US posters this a flashback from the early days of Vaudeville...it's funny that they seem to know we like the analog sound but still insist on mastering that makes your ears bleed...but with this USB you get "hi- definition WAV files"...woo hoo...without further ado...distorted drum roll...HERE..in case you are wondering about Surfdog...it's owned by Eric Clapton.. the USB can be purchased HERE

For UK buyers...here is what you get on the USB

Blind Faith comes to mind with this! :yikes

ERIC CLAPTON FANS...take note...more of what you don't want is coming your way...since the record companies realize that most of us know that the endless procession of remastering versions are just a way of milking more and more money from the same songs..although this is a "new" release with new songs and some cover songs....they asked the marketing department to come up with a new way to fleece us...straight from the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey(a famous circus for you European posters) playbook...I give you the "looks like" a vacuum tube USB!....for our US posters this a flashback from the early days of Vaudeville...it's funny that they seem to know we like the analog sound but still insist on mastering that makes your ears bleed...but with this USB you get "hi- definition WAV files"...woo hoo...without further ado...distorted drum roll...HERE..in case you are wondering about Surfdog...it's owned by Eric Clapton.. the USB can be purchased HERE

For UK buyers...here is what you get on the USB

For those that have MTV Live(used to be called the Palladia Channel)...channel 572 on Directv....some good programs on today...4pm(Eastern Standard Time).. 4 pm David Gilmour Remember That Night...6pm David Gilmour Wider Horizons..7:30 George Fest..2am Rockfest..Paul McCartney and Wings

This is an interesting development from acoustic sounds...they certainly are doing some "out of the box" thinking on some of these recent releases...first the "un-mastered" SACD and now what appears to be a title that was released in CD form and they aren't going to do any work on the original master tapes...if I understand this correctly...simply remaster the existing CD.. I have wished this would happen on a lot of CD's that have great dynamic range but need a little better mastering check this out...I'm sure there will be some that hate this approach...they live by the numbers(24/96..yada yada yada)but I have no problem with it...to me the sound is all that counts..I have some great sounding CD's that just need a little touch up and they would be stellar...

This is an interesting development from acoustic sounds...they certainly are doing some "out of the box" thinking on some of these recent releases...first the "un-mastered" SACD and now what appears to be a title that was released in CD form and they aren't going to do any work on the original master tapes...if I understand this correctly...simply remaster the existing CD.. I have wished this would happen on a lot of CD's that have great dynamic range but need a little better mastering check this out...I'm sure there will be some that hate this approach...they live by the numbers(24/96..yada yada yada)but I have no problem with it...to me the sound is all that counts..I have some great sounding CD's that just need a little touch up and they would be stellar...

Yada yada yada indeed... :)

Sounds interesting, Clint, and I'm sure AP wouldn't touch it if it wasn't great. After all, wasn't Dire Straits' Brothers In Arms and Graceland from 16 bit masters, as well? BIA is one of my very favorite 5.1 DVD~As and Simon's Graceland always had a great sparkle to it....as well as awesome bass.

Sounds interesting, Clint, and I'm sure AP wouldn't touch it if it wasn't great. After all, wasn't Dire Straits' Brothers In Arms and Graceland from 16 bit masters, as well? BIA is one of my very favorite 5.1 DVD~As and Simon's Graceland always had a great sparkle to it.

Just think of all the excellent CD's that have GREAT content that won't get the normal hi rez treatment...this could work on other genres like rock...of course AP wouldn't do those type of titles...BUT..in the copy cat world we live in some other company might try this approach if the cost was right...

Just think of all the excellent CD's that have GREAT content that won't get the normal hi rez treatment...this could work on other genres like rock...of course AP wouldn't do those type of titles...BUT..in the copy cat world we live in some other company might try this approach if the cost was right...

Right on, Mr Eastwood. Even 16 bit digital done right should exceed analogue by a comfortable margin. I've always maintained that some RBCDs sound better than some of my SACDs. Especially JAZZ titles which usually don't suffer from compression via poor mastering. Yada, Yada, Yada.....in the words of Sir Adam BLUE (by way of Lord Barney Flintstone filtered through Georgie Costanza).

Markie, if there's one thing to be learned from high end audio......there will always be something newer and better and more expensive coming down the pike. Actually, this speaker looks suspiciously like the one I have as a center channel in my summer home (with two full range B&W 802 Nautilus for my left and right fronts). And the stand is exactly the SAME!

Just noticed a surround blu ray audio that I wasn't aware of...I'm not familiar with Ozark Henry...BUT...I am familiar with Darcy Proper...and in addition to surround this offers 9.1 3D sound!..and at a reasonable cost HERE

OK, now you are totally freaking me out....I just ordered that about 40 minutes ago....along with David Miles Huber...chill music. :yikes

Back