My player plays only 5.1 dvd-a by "dts entertainment"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadrofis

Hello!

My Denon 1400 has gone faulty. It won't play the hi-rez 5.1 dvd-a's anymore, only the 2.0 part! I don't know how or when this happened. The only exceptions are discs by "dts entertainment" "(Queen, Love etc.) where it does play the hi-rez 5.1 for some reason.
Could anybody give me a himmmnmt what mmmmmmight be wrong or how I could fix that?

Thanks

This may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you have your reciever switched to the 6 channel analog inputs, not DVD? Also try going through your initial start up menu settings on your Denon. Every once in a while (for reasons unknown) I have to reset the aspect ratio on my Pioneer player. :mad:@: One more idea, try unplugging the player from the power supply for a day. Static build up can do strange things.

I hope this helps!
Dennis

thanks for the advices. I use analogue amps only. I had the whole gear off for a week. Now I haven't changed the aspect ratio, but who knows...

This is a very strange problem. I have no idea what to suggest.

It should be remembered that with some players, you have to go into the menu and designate DVD-A, SACD, or DTS. For instance, while I can usually select the DTS option from a standard DVD video, for the Doors box set discs, if I want to hear DTS, I have to go into my 45-A's menu and click on the DTS option, despite having the amp set to DTS playback. And, when the disc is ejected, to play the next one in DTS, repeat the process. A real PIA, but sometimes that's how it works. That *might* not be your problem, but decks and menus can be tricky sometimes.

ED :)

I'd guess something in the menus has gotten reset. I think Ed's advice is on-target. Has the dvd menu defaulted back to "video" rather than "audio?" Are you sure that you are playing the true hi-rez layer in 5.1 and not dts?

Or, your player is dead and its time to buy something new. Some folks around here are jumping on the Oppo player bandwagon.

I'd guess something in the menus has gotten reset. I think Ed's advice is on-target. Has the dvd menu defaulted back to "video" rather than "audio?" Are you sure that you are playing the true hi-rez layer in 5.1 and not dts?

Or, your player is dead and its time to buy something new. Some folks around here are jumping on the Oppo player bandwagon.

Not to be rude, But the Oppo is a fine dvd unit. it does NOT have an MLP/DSD chip(s) and will not decode either. It will convert both to pcm, and although it is good sounding it continues to be as it is. ask Oppo

Not to be rude, But the Oppo is a fine dvd unit. it does NOT have an MLP/DSD chip(s) and will not decode either. It will convert both to pcm, and although it is good sounding it continues to be as it is. ask Oppo

Actually, it decodes both MLP (which is simply a form of lossless packaging) and DST (the lossless packaging of SACD/DSD); it has to, in order to be able to play such discs. MLP naturally decodes to PCM (another name for MLP is PPCM, or ''Packed PCM"), while in the Oppo, the unpacked DSD is converted to PCM before output.

Last edited:
Back