2 good albums to consider

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottmoose

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I wouldn't normally suggest stereo albums here, but these are too damned good not to, and those of you who are into synthing surround from stereo are going to love them, as the atmosphere just drips off the walls.
First up; the recent re-master of Tangerine Dream's Zeit is fantastic on CD -it's scrubbed up really well compared to my creaky old LP (and I'm not generally a silver disk fan for pre-1990's music)
Second is a terrific 1997 album from the Candian orchestral rock-group Godspeed You Black Emperor:F#a#.
I've had these for a while now, being into spaced out, underground, and generally weird and lost rock (Check out Julian Cope's website at www.headheritage.com if you're interested in that sort of thing), and they're fantastic in even in basic stereo. Through a decent surround processor they'd blow you away.
Enjoy.
Scott

Speaking of Julian Cope, the new Brain Donor lp (green vinyl) available on the headheritage website, decodes fantastically through my Tate, not to mention being one kick ass rock album. St Julian and My Nation Underground are also good in the decoding department too.

Seconded about Brain Doner. I haven't got it on that fantastic green vinyl yet (next pay check will sort that out), but even on silver disk it's a fantastic album. While on the subject, if you're into ambiance extraction, check out Cope's 'Odin' and 'Rite' projects. Embrace the shamanic aspect of full-on rock lunacy!:smokin:

Back