2011 QQ eBay Shocker Log

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It's so frustrating not being able to bid on items because they are US shipping only. Can someone tell me why sellers put this restriction on?

There is little or no protection to sellers if selling internationally and a much higher percentage of mail is lost undelivered. Tracking and insured mail is either impossible or very expensive. The greater shipping costs greatly increases eBay fees since eBay charges the final value fee on shipping costs collected but only gives discounts to power sellers on fees charged on the sales price. This recent change was made by eBay to encourage sellers to offer free shipping and to increase eBay fees. The change resulted in a fee increase of about 15% for me and the greater the shipping cost, the greater the increase in fees. PayPal fees for international receipts are about 25% greater and also charged on the shipping cost. If a buyer indicates non receipt, PayPal always finds for buyer and refunds the purchase price now. If a seller tries to charge very large shipping fees to justify shipping internationally, that greatly increases the chances that buyer will leave negative freedback or low marks in the 1 star to 5 star rating system including the ratings for shipping and delivery time and when that happens, sellers will lose their power seller discount.

Exactly. It's so frustrating not being able to bid on items because they are US shipping only. Can someone tell me why sellers put this restriction on?

I always offer international shipping, but I do make it very clear that I HIGHLY recommend paying extra for Registered Mail Services (I've never had an item go missing with this option) and I also make it very clear that I am not responsible for any lost/missing/etc. articles that don't make it to their destination. It is a bit more expensive to pay for Registered mail, but if you are already paying upwards of $100 for a disc/lp/sacd/dvda, it is a no brainer in my opinion to make sure the item arrives.

I always offer international shipping, but I do make it very clear that I HIGHLY recommend paying extra for Registered Mail Services (I've never had an item go missing with this option) and I also make it very clear that I am not responsible for any lost/missing/etc. articles that don't make it to their destination. It is a bit more expensive to pay for Registered mail, but if you are already paying upwards of $100 for a disc/lp/sacd/dvda, it is a no brainer in my opinion to make sure the item arrives.

It definitely makes sense to ship internationallly for $100+ items but for midrange value items $25-$50, international shipping is not so attractive (IMHO offcourse) for low volume individual sellers.
Even if seller mentions it not responsible for loss clause & buyer files a item not received claim, who will win? Without any sort of tracking won't buyer get benefitted (irrespective of real loss or dishonest buyer) by buyers protection program?

I am sorry but you are responsible for lost items as seller on eBay, regardless of whether or not you state the typical disclosure with your auctions. All the buyer needs to do is contact eBay/PayPal and claim the item was not received to receive a refund, you will lose everytime. It is true that some buyers will read the terms of the auction and after having taken the risk, comply with the written terms and eat the loss but they are not obligated to do so.

I am awaiting delivery on the Cardigans SACD. I think its the one you mention. It was new and sealed so I am happy. Things also balance out. I just received delivery on a disc that has always been in the shocker log, Best of Super Audio CD. it is a sampler including Faithless, Jam & Spoon, Eurythmics, Candy Dulfer and more. It cost me 28.47 http://sa-cd.net/showtitle/1922

What is the Eurythmics track(s?) 2ch or 5.1?

Linda
I am awaiting delivery on the Cardigans SACD. I think its the one you mention. It was new and sealed so I am happy. Things also balance out. I just received delivery on a disc that has always been in the shocker log, Best of Super Audio CD. it is a sampler including Faithless, Jam & Spoon, Eurythmics, Candy Dulfer and more. It cost me 28.47 http://sa-cd.net/showtitle/1922

5 of the tracks on "Best of Super Audio CD are listed as live. They include Candy Dulfer "Lily Was Here", Eurythmics "There Must be An Angel", Westlife "I Lay My Love On You", O-Town "All or Nothing" and City "Am Fenster" all the other tracks are studio.

So, I take it that there are only angels in the fronts, and ordinary humans, like us (audience) in the rear. As I recall, Dave Stewart from the Eurythmics was involved in the studio version of "Lily Was Here." Is he also on the live track of this?

Linda
5 of the tracks on "Best of Super Audio CD are listed as live. They include Candy Dulfer "Lily Was Here", Eurythmics "There Must be An Angel", Westlife "I Lay My Love On You", O-Town "All or Nothing" and City "Am Fenster" all the other tracks are studio.

The live tracks are all in 5.1 also. Yes Dave Stewart is in both tracks you mention. in fact if you have seen the picture for the cover of this disc there are four pictures on the bottom. Eurythmics are the second from left. Thats him with the back of the head facing the camera. Jam & Spoon "Be.Angled"' Lou Bega "Mambo No. 5", Faithless "Muhammed Ali" H-Block "Take Me Home", Guana Apes "Living In A Lie", Law "XXX" and Modern Talking "Win The Race" are all studio tracks also in 5.1.

In short all the tracks on this hybrid are offered in stereo and multi channel.

Im still waiting on the steak knives Linda I could use them to cut the shit left over from the 200th post of mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back