2021 Sparks Documentary

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
San Diego KGB-FM 1974 - This Town Ain’t Big Enough For The Both Of Us. Wow! WTF was that? Loved it. Bought the albums and my friends were puzzled by it at first and then took it fully to heart. Propaganda was the awesome follow up and didn’t disappoint except that the album was short. Just play it over again. They really had a strong image/sound going in that period.

We had tickets to see them in 1976 for Indiscreet (3rd Island Records album) but they cancelled due to low ticket sales. Never got to see them live. Ron & Russell did duo shows a few years back but now around here.

I remember back in the late 70’s they had a lot of push from their record company because their ads were always in Circus and Creem magazines. It wasn’t until the 2000’s that I actually bought one of their albums....I think it is called Little Beethoven or something along those lines. Great record, especially the song “Suburban Homeboy”. Check it out, it is a masterpiece. The next album was too much of a copy of the previous and wasn’t near as good. Their old stuff is kinda weird as their 70’s output is more like a cross between classic rock, glam, and punk. Their 80’s output is pretty listenable and very catchy but it is of it’s time.

Two cuts from their eleventh(!) studio album Angst In My Pants, the title cut and "Eaten By The Monster Of Love," were featured in the soundtrack of the 1983 movie Valley Girl, starring a young Nicholas Cage and the adorable Deborah Foreman. It's probably my favorite '80s flick, recently released on Blu-Ray - in fact, I think I'll pop some corn and watch it again tonight! :smokin

kimono.jpg

San Diego KGB-FM 1974 - This Town Ain’t Big Enough For The Both Of Us. Wow! WTF was that? Loved it. Bought the albums and my friends were puzzled by it at first and then took it fully to heart. Propaganda was the awesome follow up and didn’t disappoint except that the album was short. Just play it over again. They really had a strong image/sound going in that period.

We had tickets to see them in 1976 for Indiscreet (3rd Island Records album) but they cancelled due to low ticket sales. Never got to see them live. Ron & Russell did duo shows a few years back but now around here.
I saw them at the California Theater in SD back around then. They opened for Patti Smith. Great show.

This Town Ain't Big Enough...I've been in love with that song since I first heard it back in the 70s. Got to see them once in San Diego. They also did a cameo on Gilmore Girls (if any of you have daughters, ask them about the show).
A really cool album that they did back in 08 is called Lil' Beethoven, which I like to describe as acoustic techno. Another way to describe it might be: What would it sound like if you put Phillip Glass and Weird Al together? It is definitely worth searching for and checking out.

I saw them at the California Theater in SD back around then. They opened for Patti Smith. Great show.
I saw that tour in Toronto. At the time I was surprised they were the opening band - I thought they were more a draw than she was at the time.

Back