Quantcast

2021 Year Of "The Sea Shanty?"

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK you Quad lovelies, I see this is the year of "The Sea Shanty" (gotta love it!)

So, are there any Surround Sea Shanties titles (or even great non-surround) you like?

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
OK you Quad lovelies, I see this is the year of "The Sea Shanty" (gotta love it!)

So, are there any Surround Sea Shanties titles (or even great non-surround) you like?

As a matter of fact: yes! (But not in surround, unfortunately.) Rogue's Gallery (2006) and Son of Rogue's Gallery (2013), both produced by the brilliant, late lamented Hal Willner--with help from Johnny Depp & Gore Verbinski.

Marplot

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Check out Alestorm also. They have been at it a few years and if you can't laugh at f'ed by an anchor ...

oh, safe to say NSFW

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
As a matter of fact: yes! (But not in surround, unfortunately.) Rogue's Gallery (2006) and Son of Rogue's Gallery (2013), both produced by the brilliant, late lamented Hal Willner--with help from Johnny Depp & Gore Verbinski.

I'm thinking it would be cool for a Sea Shanty session in surround similar to this "Cowboy Junkies" title with say; a Guitar, an Accordion, a Dulcimer, Harp, Banjo, Bass etc., except not in Ambisonic, i.e. "more discrete."

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well I did a search on discogs last night with the words Sea Shanty /with an additional filter for "Multichannel" under format and came up with this Rob Reed & Neil Wilkes title (which I'd never heard of) so got an order in for one.

Also searched for Sea Shanties and found one Quad. LP in SQ under format also :)

And this live BD that looks interesting also...

ubertrout

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Say it three times fast: Shaw Sings Sea Shanties by the Sea Shore.

I don't think this one ever got a 3-channel SACD release, did it?
I know Analogue Productions has been redoing a lot of the Living Stereo releases. Perhaps 2021 will be the year of the SAC(D) shanty?

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I know Analogue Productions has been redoing a lot of the Living Stereo releases. Perhaps 2021 will be the year of the SAC(D) shanty?
AP is woefully behind release of their Living Stereo 2/3 channel SACD series, ubertrout. Titles announced YEARS AGO have yet to be released and are currently listed by Acoustic Sounds as PRE~ORDERS.