5.1 (6 channel) Analog RCA cables ????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance7489

Has anyone ever made 6 channel analog audio cables. I know most now are using HDMI cables, but about 15 years ago (pre HDMI) most of the AVR's had analog audio inputs, so I would think that 6 channel cables would have been made to hook up your dvd player with 5.1 RCA outs to the AVR, am I right ?? When checking ebay, I found NONE.

I know you can use 3 sets of standard stereo rca cables & wire tie them together, but wouldn't you rather use one that's pre made & possibly color coded (to easily identify each channel) ????

It’s been a long while, there maybe might have been 6 RCA cables sold put together. I’d have to check my cables stash. I know with RCA video component jacks, the cables were stiff and cumbersome to deal with. At least the one’s I owned.

But, for audio I found just using three pairs of Stereo RCA jacks easy to deal with and the sound would be the same. Some people prefer thick fancy cables (I own some), that’s fine if that’s your thing. But I just use the inexpensive kind.

I used to get Monster 6 channel sets a few years back. But I cant find them now either.
I found these But they are long and made for car stereo.

Apparently the disappearance of analog outputs has also causes a disappearance of 6 channel cable sets.

Has anyone ever made 6 channel analog audio cables. I know most now are using HDMI cables, but about 15 years ago (pre HDMI) most of the AVR's had analog audio inputs, so I would think that 6 channel cables would have been made to hook up your dvd player with 5.1 RCA outs to the AVR, am I right ?? When checking ebay, I found NONE.

I know you can use 3 sets of standard stereo rca cables & wire tie them together, but wouldn't you rather use one that's pre made & possibly color coded (to easily identify each channel) ????

I found these on ebay, but have not bought them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2023163460...var=502291883395&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021344295...var=503874183861&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Many companies did and I used to have a closet full of them. Unfortunately, I cannot offer you any because, having moved over to mostly digital links and balanced/XLR for my analog links, I recently sold them all off. If you had posted this in September, I could have offered you many choices. 😪

I used to get Monster 6 channel sets a few years back. But I cant find them now either.
I found these But they are long and made for car stereo.

Apparently the disappearance of analog outputs has also causes a disappearance of 6 channel cable sets.
I like to use four channel sets for quad. The ones readily available now are long as they are intended for car audio. I have a couple of the ones shown in the link but the four channel version, 13 feet long (the shortest I could find).

Component video cables were in plentiful supply at cheap prices for awhile. You just had to use 2 cables for six channel.

The only attached 5.1 rca cable I ever/still owned came with a Hauppage 1212 recorder. They are pretty cumbersome so I never used them.
For my analog in/outs/switches at my pc setup for 2 pc's and an Oppo I just use the stereo pairs I've had for many years, generally around 1 meter long.
Some were very cheap and have hit the trash while others, still not expensive but seemingly well enough made have served me quite well.
For me to spend +$100 ever on cables would be the ultimate waste as I doubt I could tell any difference from the cheap ones.

There is also these you might consider.

Multichannel Audio Cables at Blue Jeans Cable
The LC-1's are what I've been getting for awhile now, they are pricey, however they fit snugly but not too tight or too loose (had a too tight issue with the Monster cables unfortunately.)

The MC sets are just color collared for easy recognition, don't believe there're any other differences are there?

The LC-1's are what I've been getting for awhile now, they are pricey, however they fit snugly but not too tight or too loose (had a too tight issue with the Monster cables unfortunately.)

The MC sets are just color collared for easy recognition, don't believe there're any other differences are there?
No difference in the cable AFAIK. Were the Monsters you had trouble with those "Turbo" connectors?

People always poo-poo cables with directional arrows on them. And Rightly so with respect to signal flow. But when the OP goes to plug in that ICBM crossover he's looking at getting, he's going to wish he had those directional arrows to know what is coming into the ICBM and what is leaving.

IDK - what's a Turbo connector?
Its easier just to show you.
1636851638414.png

see how the outer slots are diagonal instead of straight. I always had issues with those being tight.

Back