5 More Blues Surround Sound SACDs from JSP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
For the Blues fans out there, Britain's JSP Records continues to crank out some very nice 5.1 Surround Sound SACDs. The latest two by Byther Smith and Guitar Shorty are now available in the U.S - at Tower Records and from the web stores that carry SACDs.

And there are 3 more behind them - now available in the U.K. and due out in the U.S. between April 19th and June.

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=11487240 for more details.

Last edited:
bmoura said:
For the Blues fans out there, Britain's JSP Records continues to crank out some very nice 5.1 Surround Sound SACDs. The latest two by Byther Smith and Guitar Shorty are now available in the U.S - at Tower Records and from the web stores that carry SACDs.

And there are 3 more behind them - now available in the U.K. and due out in the U.S. between April 19th and June.

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=11487240 for more details.

All the JSP titles are wonderful! I have had these 2 for a couple weeks already, looking forward to the next 3!

quadtrade said:
All the JSP titles are wonderful! I have had these 2 for a couple weeks already, looking forward to the next 3!

Yes the JSP SACDs to date have been very good musically although the master quality isn't up to other SACD releases in some cases.

Now that they are venturing into brand new Surround recordings for SACD, that should really be something !

Sure wish the word "Moody" was in this thread's heading. Looked that way at first glance.

bmoura said:
Yes the JSP SACDs to date have been very good musically although the master quality isn't up to other SACD releases in some cases.

Now that they are venturing into brand new Surround recordings for SACD, that should really be something !
Well. yes Brian some are older recordings, and now we see newer recordings, which will sound better. I think they all sound great!!! I am just excited this company has the balls to keep going!!. This shit takes money. And having seen the hassles and paperwork it takes to figure out how to get this rolling, i am in love with this company!!! Praise the Lord!!! At least we see something that is not fu*ked up by some conglomerate like Sony and have seen some little company keep going in the midst of corporate panty parties. These screwed up big messes have lubed us from behind. I invested too much energy and $ to see this die. Just think, we could get all the titles in 24/96 of Cat Stevens many quad releases on 1 disc in the new blu ray hi def format. Say, "profitable "after 20000 sales. They are all after the Spears and Lopez titles. PLEASE all you guys who love and enjoy multichannel music!!! Support this company!!!!!

quadtrade said:
Well. yes Brian some are older recordings, and now we see newer recordings, which will sound better. I think they all sound great!!! I am just excited this company has the balls to keep going!!. This shit takes money. And having seen the hassles and paperwork it takes to figure out how to get this rolling, i am in love with this company!!! Praise the Lord!!! At least we see something that is not fu*ked up by some conglomerate like Sony and have seen some little company keep going in the midst of corporate panty parties. These screwed up big messes have lubed us from behind. I invested too much energy and $ to see this die. Just think, we could get all the titles in 24/96 of Cat Stevens many quad releases on 1 disc in the new blu ray hi def format. Say, "profitable "after 20000 sales. They are all after the Spears and Lopez titles. PLEASE all you guys who love and enjoy multichannel music!!! Support this company!!!!!
!!! SUPPORT THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD TITLES
ADVENTUROUS TITLES!!!!!!!!! GREAT ARTSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have three JSP titles and plan to get more. Great music with solid Mch mixes. If you like the blues you will be very pleased with this family of discs.

quadtrade said:

I certainly support the company and their SACD releases. The ones I've heard to date are enjoyable. And the newly recorded ones promise to be even better.

Go, JSP, Go !

quadtrade said:
!!! SUPPORT THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD TITLES
ADVENTUROUS TITLES!!!!!!!!! GREAT ARTSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got that right Tad! I just picked up the Buddy Guy title, DJ Play By Blues, and although I know that you guys hate my reviews ... here goes. It is amazing. Sound quality is excellent, very tasteful yet truly discrete use of surround sound. I am now listening to it through my (shhhhhhhhhh) hi-end 2-channel system, and the sound is wonderful. The price was right too, CDN$21.99 at Best Buy. Flame me if you will, but this is one of the best CDs I have bought in a very long time. From down and dirty 12-bar blues to boogie to even rock and roll, if you need even one blues title, this is it. I can't find one thing that I don't like about it. Rant over, let the flames begin. Mike.

Quadzilla said:
You got that right Tad! I just picked up the Buddy Guy title, DJ Play By Blues, and although I know that you guys hate my reviews ... here goes. It is amazing. Sound quality is excellent, very tasteful yet truly discrete use of surround sound. I am now listening to it through my (shhhhhhhhhh) hi-end 2-channel system, and the sound is wonderful. The price was right too, CDN$21.99 at Best Buy. Flame me if you will, but this is one of the best CDs I have bought in a very long time. From down and dirty 12-bar blues to boogie to even rock and roll, if you need even one blues title, this is it. I can't find one thing that I don't like about it. Rant over, let the flames begin. Mike.

No arguments from me on that. But then again, I have all 7 of the JSP Surround Sound SACDs that have been released in the U.S. market to date!

If you're a fan of the Blues and "Middle of the Band" Surround Sound mixes on SACD, you'll want to give these 7 SACD releases a listen.

bmoura said:
No arguments from me on that. But then again, I have all 7 of the JSP Surround Sound SACDs that have been released in the U.S. market to date!

If you're a fan of the Blues and "Middle of the Band" Surround Sound mixes on SACD, you'll want to give these 7 SACD releases a listen.

Triple Fret is out, it is sacd! New music and aggressive & fun mix. Multichannel! Finally picked up a couple dualdiscs and they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more.
Just got around to listening to Byther Smith ""Addressing The Nation With The Blues". This is one of the best mch recording in my collection. It is middle o the band surround, plus it has ambience, and you feel like you're listening to the performer live in a night club. It's GREAT fidelity & sonics. This is what HiRes is about! And this was recorded in 1989 in Chicago, although the record company is English.

Back