7 More Dutton Vocalion Releases in July 2019 - Guess Who, Paul Revere & Raiders, Charlie Rich

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I just bought the Charlie Rich quad record on saturday and got to listen to it ONCE and now DV comes out and spoils it for me with a new SACD...... couldn't you give me a few more weeks with the record before I retire it???

Just kidding I have ordered all three plus the new Beethoven Barenboim Concerto no 5 which completes the original quad record release of all of them. (there are now three DV SACDs just like the original box set)

Well DV what other quad record listening are you going to spoil for me?

DRAT! I just had to place a second order for the two Charles Gerhardt titles and the Artur Rubinstein "Emperor' SACDs. So each shipment will have 3 discs ...... that dreaded odd numbered shipment!

Oh well, just glad to have them. Three exceptional QUAD titles!

Charles Gerhardt - Captain Blood: Classic Film Scores for Errol Flynn [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Charles Gerhardt - Spellbound: The Classic Film Scores of Miklós Rózsa & bonus track [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Daniel Barenboim & Artur Rubinstein - Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 (The Emperor Concerto) & Sonata No. 18 in E flat, Op. 31, No. 3 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]

Last edited:
Aren't there Six new Quad releases?!
Charles Gerhardt - Spellbound: The Classic Film Scores of Miklós Rózsa & bonus track
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Daniel Barenboim & Artur Rubinstein - Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 (The "Emperor" Concerto) & Sonata No. 18 in E flat, Op. 31, No. 3
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]

Charles Gerhardt - Captain Blood: Classic Film Scores for Errol Flynn
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

O

Dang! Just last night I was listening to the RomanoTrax transfer of the Gerhardt/Rozsa album from QR and thinking how hard it would be to improve upon it. But we know it won't have been hard for Michael Dutton.

Wait, isn't Ray Conniff - Harmony & The Way We Were a new addition, too?
View attachment 42071

Oy.....that'll just have to wait 'til the NEXT order. I really wish all of the NEW releases were headlined in ONE PLACE.

Still don't know when Michael Dutton has the time to master all these new releases........seeing he's basically a one man show!

yep! great Quad mixes to boot! (y)

Just tried to amend my previous order [not yet shipped] by adding the Ray Conniff two~fer [based on your recommendation, Adam]. I cannot believe the treasures Michael Dutton has bestowed on us this month. As Neil Young once quipped "Rust NEVER Sleeps........ and apparently, neither does Michael. Time for a QUAD~JAMA Party, Adam!🧸imagine Freddie in a Teddy?

1564082508232.png

Last edited:
Funds are tight these days, so I'm not able to get everything that interests me, but I couldn't pass up the Guess Who album with "American Woman" (my favorite song of theirs) on it, so I had to order that and the Paul Revere & the Raiders disc for even numbers and (hopefully) safe shipping.

Back