A hot one to look forward to..

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Cleasby

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
...after at least a year of me nagging Universal people that it would be a good idea to get Tony Visconti to surround mix Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous, the latest I have heard is that he has been approached and is actively interested in doing it...

Great news!

Patrick Cleasby said:
...after at least a year of me nagging Universal people that it would be a good idea to get Tony Visconti to surround mix Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous, the latest I have heard is that he has been approached and is actively interested in doing it...

Great news!

Ah... some decent music being released (possibly)? What will they think of next? (or not, if you had to badger them to even think about it...)
Cheers for the effort! This could be good!
Scott

Patrick Cleasby said:

Great news!
While he's at it can you ask him to do Jailbreak too!! Oh yeah... and Renegade... hell..... do em all. I love Thin Lizzy!!

Fab! I can't understand why record companies are not rushing to re-release older material to generate some cash flow. There are plenty of old quad mixes out there (just received a Zappa and an AWB Quadradisc in the post today) - waiting for a breath of fresh air.

H

bayards said:
Fab! I can't understand why record companies are not rushing to re-release older material to generate some cash flow. There are plenty of old quad mixes out there (just received a Zappa and an AWB Quadradisc in the post today) - waiting for a breath of fresh air.

H

Quite so. It's the 'Q' word that's the problem sadly. Bad connotations in the eyes of the industry, and audiophiles obsessed with the odd notion that changing a short length of cable for something you need to take a second morgage for will dramatically improve sound-quality; or soldering the lastest, suicidally expensive caps into their valve amps -caps that cost more than the amp, as often as not, will allow more...
Oh dear.

Scottmoose said:
Quite so. It's the 'Q' word that's the problem sadly. Bad connotations in the eyes of the industry, and audiophiles obsessed with the odd notion that changing a short length of cable for something you need to take a second morgage for will dramatically improve sound-quality; or soldering the lastest, suicidally expensive caps into their valve amps -caps that cost more than the amp, as often as not, will allow more...
Oh dear.

A case of "The Emperor's New Clothes" I think, they are so SH!T scared of not hearing what they expect when cables are changed, that it HAS to be an improvement if you pay a weeks wage for audio cables etc. What next... " Oh look this is better, it has grain aligned molecules so it allows electrons to move more freely, and only costs £1000 per foot!". They need to grow up and get a life, after all, before it even gets to their system, the audio has been through countless stages in the recording studio, using ... horror of horrors... OP Amps, and metres of "non Audiophile" cable, but no mention is made of that !!

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

My Brain Hurts

End soapbox mode
:D

Malcolm

Back