Aerosmith album in 360RA no more

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm yeah strange? I don't see the 360RA listings anymore either...

I wonder if Sony Japan are thinking of releasing them as 7" SACD reissues? Rocks and Get Your Wings were sourced from the 70s quadraphonic mixes whereas Toys In The Attic was from the 5.1 mix already released on SACD in 2003. (Mind you the Santana albums are still listed as available in 360... 💭)

Maybe they're in line to get new object based surround mixes?! Maybe the group don't like the binaural mix down? Or it's simply a technical error? 🤔

Hopefully they'll come back online at some point. Both the quads are really great mixes and the 5.1 SACD goes for a pretty penny these days...

The official Tidal 360RA playlist for Aerosmith still exists, but now it contains no tracks.
A93FB2DA-A511-49FB-98E3-79C31F1CAD98.jpeg

I don't stream much music but I stream movies and live sports. From my understanding content is removed and added all the time at any time. Why is this surprising to anyone?
THIS is the downside of streaming and the most obvious argument for physical media.

Further update. These are 360RA, but not the quads. There is much afoot in the Aerosmith camp. Evaluating the Vindaloo Vaults, and currently remixing their first self titled album. Could it be a multichannel mix?

Another thought. Could these quads have been pulled due to an impending hard copy release? Sure is a shame that they're not on streaming anymore.

Last edited:
I don't stream much music but I stream movies and live sports. From my understanding content is removed and added all the time at any time. Why is this surprising to anyone?
THIS is the downside of streaming and the most obvious argument for physical media.
The Discovery thing is people who have purchased shows, etc. Of course, if it's simply streaming service usage, that doesn't allow you a perpetual licence to the content, but purchasing shows should offer you that.

This is the reason many of us on this forum still have vary large collections of physical media. We are old enough to remember when something was available and then suddenly not available (usually for legal reasons, labels going out of business, etc.). Beatles butcher cover, Yardbirds Live, Cameo-Parkways, Vee-Jay Records, Quad albums & R2R tapes, for example.

Back