• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aerosmith - Wings, Toys & Rocks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if anyone at SONY Japan ever peruses QQ Forum?
It's quite likely that someone does. It's far more common for Japanese folks to speak and read English than the other way around. Plus the Japanese have always been into finding those out of print or hard to find US & UK catalogue items and reissue them in fancy pressings with deluxe packaging. They are always on the hunt for new items to sell. So it makes sense that they would check out the major forums, and go from there.

My gut feeling is a Santana title is next in the 7" series, with E. Winter, and even Aerosmith later on. Being that Sony Japan has far less hoops to jump through than anyone else, these titles are doable - yeah for nearly $50 a crack that is. Can you support them at $50 a pop????

My gut feeling is a Santana title is next in the 7" series, with E. Winter, and even Aerosmith later on.

I also think Miles' Live Evil may make an appearance at some point, seeing as they just did Bitches Brew. That one's never been heard in discrete before.

The remaining Billy Joel's would also be nice, and are plausible choices given they just reissued the 5.1's of 52nd Street and The Stranger. What I'd give to finally hear Turnstiles discrete...

Last edited:
It's quite likely that someone does. It's far more common for Japanese folks to speak and read English than the other way around. Plus the Japanese have always been into finding those out of print or hard to find US & UK catalogue items and reissue them in fancy pressings with deluxe packaging. They are always on the hunt for new items to sell. So it makes sense that they would check out the major forums, and go from there.

My gut feeling is a Santana title is next in the 7" series, with E. Winter, and even Aerosmith later on. Being that Sony Japan has far less hoops to jump through than anyone else, these titles are doable - yeah for nearly $50 a crack that is. Can you support them at $50 a pop????

I really wish IF SONY Japan was contemplating Santana, they'd just issue a box set with the titles in mini LP sleeves.......There's roughly 12-14 QUAD unreleased Santana titles ..... as for Winter and Aerosmith ..... probably the 7" packaged route.

But sjcorne may be right.......Miles' LIVE EVIL might be next.

Depends on how well Bitches Brew did. BB is an old evergreen in their Jazz catalog - with sales only topped by Kind of Blue. So it's likely to sell out eventually. How fast - is what determines if they go for another double with electric Miles.

Since Aerosmith signed a huge deal with Sony - like about 15 or 20 years ago for something to the tune of 90 million, which is unrecouped I'm sure - Sony has the rights to exploit the masters any way they see fit, but might need to Band to sign off in it. It's strictly a matter of money that Sony needs to recoup, not anyone refusing reissues.

But how long can we wait until we don't care anymore?

Depends on how well Bitches Brew did. BB is an old evergreen in their Jazz catalog - with sales only topped by Kind of Blue. So it's likely to sell out eventually. How fast - is what determines if they go for another double with electric Miles.

Since Aerosmith signed a huge deal with Sony - like about 15 or 20 years ago for something to the tune of 90 million, which is unrecouped I'm sure - Sony has the rights to exploit the masters any way they see fit, but might need to Band to sign off in it. It's strictly a matter of money that Sony needs to recoup, not anyone refusing reissues.

But how long can we wait until we don't care anymore?

Til death us do part!☠

Or, Until LIV says YES to my proposal of marriage.....

See the source image

LIV or Let Die!

Last edited:
Back