Alan Parsons Project in surround on Apple Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn’t Eye In The Sky available in Dolby Audio on Apple Music? Wonder why the other two haven’t made it on there yet.
I think it’s because Sony still controls the rights to Eye. Tales is under the UMe umbrella and Ammonia Avenue was licensed to Esoteric/Cherry Red for the recent reissue.

As was mentioned, none of the Waters era PF albums are available for streaming on Apple. It remind me of the fact that back in the day you couldn't get PF albums (or Stones or Beatles for that matter), albums from record clubs. I assume it was a distribution rights issue. This seems like the same thing.

There are a lot of other excellent 5.1 releases that aren't being streamed. No Dire Straights, no Alan Parsons, no White Album, Al Stewart, Yes.... the list goes on.
So who are the responsible party's in this?
Maybe a list could be started here with email links for members to write letters of complaint to. We need a member with some understanding of how this business works to give us proper targets to aim for.

Isn’t Eye In The Sky available in Dolby Audio on Apple Music? Wonder why the other two haven’t made it on there yet.
BTW, there are 7 Parsons/APP studio albums released in Surround.

Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Eye in the Sky
Ammonia Avenue
On Air
A Valid Path
The Secret
From the New World

BTW, there are 7 Parsons/APP studio albums released in Surround.

Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Eye in the Sky
Ammonia Avenue
On Air
A Valid Path
The Secret
From the New World
Thanks, I’m aware, should’ve been more clear, I was talking about the available APP albums on Blu-ray.

Very strange as I am in Canada as well…
Thanks

You cannot call Apple tech and expect knowledge lol

3 ppl in one call had no idea what surround was
Thanks! That one works. I’ll never fully understand Apple Music’s UI. This Dolby Audio version does not show up for me in a search. Only your link provided it.

Much appreciated!

Oh, someone asked what country…I’m in the U.S.
Do browsers play surround?

i have to use my 4kTV box for surround?

Last edited:
Thanks! That one works. I’ll never fully understand Apple Music’s UI. This Dolby Audio version does not show up for me in a search. Only your link provided it.

Much appreciated!

Oh, someone asked what country…I’m in the U.S.

If you search for an album they often only show one result. Click on it, then scroll down and there should be "other versions". One of those is usually the one you are looking for (this is on the Music app on MacOS, iOS, etc. may vary).

Back