DTS-CD Anyone out there own the dts software?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeL

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hi all,

I'm trying to buy some software that is user friendly (I'm no computer genius and my computer is quite basic - Imac) and allows me to make 5.1 mixes of my own cds for personal use. Any recommendations or can you point me to the right place on this forum.

Thanks,
GabeL

Gabe,

Sorry but I'm not up on what available for the Macs. Did you check the Minnetonka website?

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy some software that is user friendly (I'm no computer genius and my computer is quite basic - Imac) and allows me to make 5.1 mixes of my own cds for personal use. Any recommendations or can you point me to the right place on this forum.

Thanks,
GabeL

Are you talking upmixing here?

Well, I guess what I was after was some software that allows one to deconstruct a regular stereo mix into multiple mono channels that can then be re-upmixed into 5.1, but I'm guessing that deconstructing an already recorded/mixed stereo cd would be impossible???

Thanks for asking.

Are you talking upmixing here?

There are some programs that will create what's referred to as an "unwrap" of a stereo source and make faux 5.1. Plogue Bidule is probably the best-known utility for doing this, although there are threads here that discuss synthesizing Quad and 5.1 from stereo sources using hardware such as the Sansui Vario-Matrix or the various Fosgate surround decoder boxes.

When done well, the results of such conversions are impressive (such as with Gerardo's "Eldorado"). When done poorly, they sound like Silverline productions.

Yes, it probably does, but it is already multi channel capable - so why not use that rather than the ability to store the carrier frequency.

Slight left turn here - forgive me I am a newbie on this forum - but other than DTS (and that is expensive) there is no stand alone multi channel encoding software that I am aware of at any reasonable price that will allow me to make a multi channel disc that will play in some modern stand alone player. Not SACD or DVD-A or Dolby Digital without spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes, it probably does, but it is already multi channel capable - so why not use that rather than the ability to store the carrier frequency.

Slight left turn here - forgive me I am a newbie on this forum - but other than DTS (and that is expensive) there is no stand alone multi channel encoding software that I am aware of at any reasonable price that will allow me to make a multi channel disc that will play in some modern stand alone player. Not SACD or DVD-A or Dolby Digital without spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$

discWelder BRONZE DVD-A software for Mac or Windows is only $99:

https://secure.minnetonkasoftware.com/store/default.aspx

DTS-CD software is also only $99.

Free manuals and Demos are under the "Downloads" button at:

http://www.discwelder.com

Once you create your 4 mono wavs at 24 bit / 96 kHz it's not that hard to create a DVD-Audio disc, or from the same files (once you down sample) a DTS-CD. Search the threads for a wealth of info here.

For $99.00, I use a Creative Labs DTS610 standalone encoder to create DTS CDs. Use 4 or 5.1 channel analog inputs and it outputs the 44.1 DTS bitstream. Record that bitstream on a standalone CD recorder. You have a multichannel DTS CD with no computer involved.

vinylguy4

For $99.00, I use a Creative Labs DTS610 standalone encoder to create DTS CDs. Use 4 or 5.1 channel analog inputs and it outputs the 44.1 DTS bitstream. Record that bitstream on a standalone CD recorder. You have a multichannel DTS CD with no computer involved.

vinylguy4

Sadly, this item which I was unaware of till today seems to have vanished from the marketplace without a trace. Was it forced out by DTS?

Back