Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your AVR is just ignoring the Atmos metadeta or doing some interpolation? I wonder if there is a flag in the metadata of the Atmos tracks that allows proper playback on more recent Atmos AVRs that isn't present in the "Dolby Audio" tracks?
Another thing I was wondering, my AVR is displaying things right as PCM 7.1 or PCM 5.1 even when I have the one speaker thing going on. Is this the same for everyone else, is your AVR displaying what it should?

Another thing I was wondering, my AVR is displaying things right as PCM 7.1 or PCM 5.1 even when I have the one speaker thing going on. Is this the same for everyone else, is your AVR displaying what it should?
That’s the same behavior on my AVR for Dolby Audio. It says 5.1, but only comes out of the front left until I do the rewind trick.

Dolby Atmos shows Atmos and works without issue.

Thought about leaving some Feedback from the link at the bottom of the Spatial Audio on Apple Music web page; and discovered these choices for general options? I'm kind of surprised that Apple is actually this lame here, or is it me?

Keep in mind I have tvOS 14.7 and use a wired internet connection to my Apple TV 4K box.

APPLE MUSIC FEEDBACK WTF.JPG

Thought about leaving some Feedback from the link at the bottom of the Spatial Audio on Apple Music web page; and discovered these choices for general options? I'm kind of surprised that Apple is actually this lame here, or is it me?

Keep in mind I have tvOS 14.7 and use a wired internet connection to my Apple TV 4K box.

View attachment 73097

I you aren't listening on your iPhone with your AirPods, they don't care.

I think you may be better off leaving feedback for your ATV (which I have done and was very straight-forward), although leaving feedback for both would be best.

Yes, the same here.

It’s never actually one speaker for me, but it’s often one speaker dominant.

Does anybody else have an issue when you pick an album from your library sometimes (and perhaps just with certain albums) you just get a black screen?

I’ve tried deleting and re-adding them to my library, but that doesn’t solve it.

Dumb question from a newby to Apple Music

can I download songs ( especially those in multi channel) to my pc so I can play them off line?

I log on the Apple Music on my pc, and I can see and use my library, but I can’t find a command/ option to download a song. What am I doing wrong?

Looks like yet another release on tvOS; those folks that have the newer ones might want to update and see if it's been de-bugged yet?
and I guess 15.2 is not far behind.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/11/01/apple-releases-tvos-15-1-1-for-apple-tv-users/

updated last night and the Dolby Audio channel bug's still prevalent.. 😔 but at least its easy to zip back and forward a bit and Hey Presto its back to normal.

Atmos stuff seems to be ok straight off and no matter how much track skipping back and forth and fast forwarding/rewinding i do everything feels like its where it should be, so at least the update hasn't broken that! 🙏

updated last night and the Dolby Audio channel bug's still prevalent.. 😔 but at least its easy to zip back and forward a bit and Hey Presto its back to normal.

Atmos stuff seems to be ok straight off and no matter how much track skipping back and forth and fast forwarding/rewinding i do everything feels like its where it should be, so at least the update hasn't broken that! 🙏
I’m still on 15.0 (I shut off auto-updates after 15.0).

HOWEVER...

The bug appears to be GONE now for me for BOTH Dolby Atmos AND Dolby Audio. I just did a spot check of a handful or so of Atmos albums and 3 or 4 Dolby Audio albums and they all played back as they should - without the need to skip back to the beginning of a track.

Woo hoo! Let’s hope it doesn’t revert back to the bug as mysteriously as it disappeared...

[Note: AFAIK, I did nothing different from the last time I was listening to surround stuff a few days ago - or the last few weeks really - when I was having issues with Atmos and Dolby Audio material]

I’m still on 15.0 (I shut off auto-updates after 15.0).

HOWEVER...

The bug appears to be GONE now for me for BOTH Dolby Atmos AND Dolby Audio. I just did a spot check of a handful or so of Atmos albums and 3 or 4 Dolby Audio albums and they all played back as they should - without the need to skip back to the beginning of a track.

Woo hoo! Let’s hope it doesn’t revert back to the bug as mysteriously as it disappeared...

[Note: AFAIK, I did nothing different from the last time I was listening to surround stuff a few days ago - or the last few weeks really - when I was having issues with Atmos and Dolby Audio material]
So you're still on 15.0 with the bug gone?

And does a beta version get changed/updated much with the final version? In other words, can something like this bug be removed between beta and final?

So you're still on 15.0 with the bug gone?

And does a beta version get changed/updated much with the final version? In other words, can something like this bug be removed between beta and final?
Yes, I’m on 15.0 and the bug is completely gone. But I’ve been on 15.0 for awhile. So I have no idea how or why everything is now working fine. I haven’t changed any eqpt, cables, settings, etc.

Maybe the bug was at their end in the way it was sent rather than at the receiving end ?
That would seem to be a logical troubleshoot. Or maybe it had something to with some hi-speed network providers?

Yes, I’m on 15.0 and the bug is completely gone. But I’ve been on 15.0 for awhile. So I have no idea how or why everything is now working fine. I haven’t changed any eqpt, cables, settings, etc.
Appreciate the great news, but before I take this leap from my comfy 14.7, I'll wait for multiple confirmations here :)

Back