SPOTLIGHT Apple TV4k TIPS, TRICKS and TRAPS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that I am a little more than irritated with this whole truncation thing that's happening with Both Atmos titles and Dolby Audio. It used to be that you would only have to restart the first track and then, if you play it through, no problems. Now, every song has a truncation problem at the start of each track. Apple really needs to get it's shit together.
Bob - do you mean, sort of a delayed in playing the start of the next song? If yes, I have that same concern.

No not a delay. Once a track is done, the next tracks intro is partially missing. Just like with the start of the first track, you need to wait a few seconds into the next track then hit the back button to start it over. The intro will then be intact.

No not a delay. Once a track is done, the next tracks intro is partially missing. Just like with the start of the first track, you need to wait a few seconds into the next track then hit the back button to start it over. The intro will then be intact.
I do not have that problem, I'm on the latest software.

I have to say that I am a little more than irritated with this whole truncation thing that's happening with Both Atmos titles and Dolby Audio. It used to be that you would only have to restart the first track and then, if you play it through, no problems. Now, every song has a truncation problem at the start of each track. Apple really needs to get it's shit together.

Yea today playing Doors riders on the storm im getting NO Center channel! Wheres jims spoken "track ten" Did they change the beginning??? So now im checking my wiring cuz been in system rewiring for other sony player....anyways Not my cabeling....ITS the Apple Bug is Back o_O

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. I actually rarely notice it on pop & rock stuff, as most of those tracks seem to have a second or two of silence built into the head of each track anyway, so a half-second skip (which is what I get) isn't an issue. But it's a huge problem with classical material--effectively makes gapless listening impossible.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. I actually rarely notice it on pop & rock stuff, as most of those tracks seem to have a second or two of silence built into the head of each track anyway, so a half-second skip (which is what I get) isn't an issue. But it's a huge problem with classical material--effectively makes gapless listening impossible.
It has happened on every album I have tried playing today. Lee Michaels, Johnny Winter, even the Scorpions. Really annoying.

It has happened on every album I have tried playing today. Lee Michaels, Johnny Winter, even the Scorpions. Really annoying.

FWIW: I have automatic updates turned off. But I've found twice now that when Apple really wants me to install an OS update, this problem seems to get more pronounced. Maybe I'm imagining things. But after I install the update, things really do seem to get better. (Except, as I said, on classical tracks.)

Scorpions!!!!! ???? Scorps in Atmos? Why am I missing all these rock titles....and how can I find them?
don't know if it matters for playing on the ATV4k but remember if adding these in your library on Windows (maybe you've got a Mac?) that Freddie's in the gb, so might need to change that in the address to us :unsure:

Reactions: GOS
Scorpions!!!!! ???? Scorps in Atmos? Why am I missing all these rock titles....and how can I find them?
try this link and see if it works for you (then find Spatial Audio):

https://music.apple.com/us/listen-now
and this is where you add to your library (see big red arrow!)

add to library.jpg

I don't have that issue either. There is a delay at the start of an album or when skipping around through different tracks. But full albums play through without interruptions. I thought it was my pre/pro fixing on the proper codec, as it does the same thing flaying back files..

Bob,

As with anything, it's difficult to test every variable, which is how these things slip by QA in any company. Get a feedback ticket in asap with your specific gear and setup. I did the same.

Describe the issue and describe your setup.

What is your gear setup?

What is your network setup? Top wireless speed? internet speed?

How much memory is being used by the AppleTV?

Have you done a full reset of the AppleTV?

Beta or release software? Which version?

The more we share, the more they can look for a fix. At least it's not all in the left speaker anymore, lol.

It's a bug and needs to get reported by EVERYONE so Apple can PRIORITIZE a fix. If you aren't signed up for the beta program, sign up here and submit feedback using the feedback app.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/
Ideally pull a sysdiagnose if you can. If you have any questions or get stuck along the way, PM me and I'm happy to help.

We should probably pin an article about getting help, submitting bugs, signing up for the betas, etc

I don't have that issue either. There is a delay at the start of an album or when skipping around through different tracks. But full albums play through without interruptions. I thought it was my pre/pro fixing on the proper codec, as it does the same thing flaying back files..
I see this as well. Albums play fine, skipping tracks I get the .4 sec to .9 sec truncation- I hit record on my phone and track forward on the Remote- you can hear the button being pressed in the recoding and assume .2-.3 secs to switch track- not super scientifically accurate, but it's a start.

Who has a hard wired ATV vs wireless? I'm hard wired and speed test is 927 Mb down 938 up.

I'm wondering if the issue is worse on slower connections (buffering), or if its consistent (codec handshake?)

If there is no difference in the length of the truncation, could it be that the receiver is missing the initial packet that sets the codec and has to wait for the next one?

I see this as well. Albums play fine, skipping tracks I get the .4 sec to .9 sec truncation- I hit record on my phone and track forward on the Remote- you can hear the button being pressed in the recoding and assume .2-.3 secs to switch track- not super scientifically accurate, but it's a start.

Who has a hard wired ATV vs wireless? I'm hard wired and speed test is 927 Mb down 938 up.

I'm wondering if the issue is worse on slower connections (buffering), or if its consistent (codec handshake?)

If there is no difference in the length of the truncation, could it be that the receiver is missing the initial packet that sets the codec and has to wait for the next one?
Here are my speeds, my ATV is hardwired. I get the annoying 5 second silence when skipping from track to track.

1648558473206.png

Back