Aqualung CD-4 Covers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I am putting together the WEA label pages, and need a favour from someone.

I distinctly remember seeing a copy of the CD-4 LP of Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" in the Tracks store in Norfolk, VA sometime in 1976-1977 that had an unusual CD-4 logo printed on the cover. It was not the classic WB 'Q' logo, and it was not the version with the "text only" verbiage for CD-4, it was sort of a rounded CD-4 logo. I wanted to buy it at the time, but I was in the Navy, had no money, and already owned the LP.

Does anyone have this version? If you do, could you scan or photograph the cover and email it to me for inclusion on the WEA page?

THANKS

Ii have it; email me off list and we can arrange to get it sent over to you. I will have to fire up the wife's scanner, which I haven't used in about a year - hope I still remember how!
Marc

[email protected]

Well, it took me a month (!), but I finally updated the WEA label page. Thanks to Marc, I have posted scans of the two Aqualung covers, mine and his, which is the plain non-logo one. I still think that there is a third variety, with an oval-ish CD-4 logo.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/WB.htm

FYI - I also added scans of the two Virgin labels, as well as the stereo Doors record club only "Best of" stereo release with the hacked graphics.

Thanks again, to Marc!

Jon -
just checked out your link -- looks great!!!
Marc

Back