Atom Heart Mother...Japanese SQ????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well I'm a bit late to notice this , but I just saw the unboxing by Paul Sinclair from at least a year ago.

The contained disc's are stereo , one bluray and a CD...or so it might seem.

But when he took out the CD...it stated SQ Quadraphonic Sony
rather quite clearly.

So my question is does anyone have ATOM Heart Mother 7" Japanese Anniversary edition...and more importantly is it actually SQ encoded??

Well I'm a bit late to notice this , but I just saw the unboxing by Paul Sinclair from at least a year ago.

The contained disc's are stereo , one bluray and a CD...or so it might seem.

But when he took out the CD...it stated SQ Quadraphonic Sony
rather quite clearly.

So my question is does anyone have ATOM Heart Mother 7" Japanese Anniversary edition...and more importantly is it actually SQ encoded??
While I don't know about this release there have been Japanese CD's with the SQ logo clearly marked on the OBI that turned out to be just stereo.

Hmm I have a Japanese pressing of this with an OBI, will have to check for any SQ notes, never noticed before.

Maybe OBI-WAN KENOBI can use the force & convert it for me?

"These aren't the cows you are looking for..."

Ben_Kenobi.png

Last edited:
I think it is clear that, while the packaging is taken from the quad version, the SACD uses the previous SACD master. You can check the description on CDJapan.

This is not an SACD edition . Paul clearly states there is no surround.
Not any on the bluray either , just some Concert footage from 71 , in Japan.

While I don't know about this release there have been Japanese CD's with the SQ logo clearly marked on the OBI that turned out to be just stereo.

Yes that's my concern exactly.
This is the anniversary edition with a bluray in stereo of a Concert in Japan.

It has the Sony SQ QUADRAPHONIC emblem on the cd , as well as a Columbia Records emblem on the obi .

So it's a bit confusing I think.

I so want it to be SQ encoded , but who knows for sure.
Plus I bet the DSOTM 7" is going to be the same.

Yes that's my concern exactly.
This is the anniversary edition with a bluray in stereo of a Concert in Japan.

It has the Sony SQ QUADRAPHONIC emblem on the cd , as well as a Columbia Records emblem on the obi .

So it's a bit confusing I think.

I so want it to be SQ encoded , but who knows for sure.
Plus I bet the DSOTM 7" is going to be the same.
Yes, sorry, I thought we were discussing the DSOTM Japanese disk.

out of curiousity I checked my Japan Atom Heart Mother LP with the OBI & there's no indication of SQ/surround. I couldn't read any of the Japanese writing though.

Back