• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

AudioMuxer now supports SpecWeb

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

zeerround

See:

http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?p=3457#p3457

AudioMuxer, the swiss army knife of audio conversion and creation tool for music surround DVD, AVCHD, BluRay discs etc., now have support for SpecWeb built into its audioconversion tools.

This includes batch conversion with optional up and or down sample rate conversion.

AudioMuxer is another free tool, hosted at surroundbyus.com.

MC Maniac

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I have been using Specweb inside Audiomuxer for awhile now and it just makes everything so much simpler - conversions go really quickly this way.

Thanks to both zeerround and ply4it for making this integration happen!!!

(y)(y)

JerseyEd

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi Zeerround,
HELP, I need somebody!

I've been using SpecWeb 1.4 as a stand alone and really love it. I began making newer conversions of some CD's I had done before, and I am totally thrilled with the results.

I opened AudioMuxer today and got the message about the update. I downloaded it and installed it. I also got the message about .Net 4.6.1. I tried to install that but got a message that my computer already had that version and higher (I found out that I am up to 4.6.2). So far so good.

I clicked on Audio Conversion and added a stereo FLAC file, but no matter what I tried, the check box and wording "SpecWeb Surround" are greyed out. The examples in the guide on page 18 shows mch files, and I don't see anything about taking a stereo file and using the SpecWeb option within AM. Is there a step that I'm missing or am I just confused :mad:@: about how this works?

Thanks, Ed

JanBakker

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hi Zeerround,
HELP, I need somebody!

I've been using SpecWeb 1.4 as a stand alone and really love it. I began making newer conversions of some CD's I had done before, and I am totally thrilled with the results.

I opened AudioMuxer today and got the message about the update. I downloaded it and installed it. I also got the message about .Net 4.6.1. I tried to install that but got a message that my computer already had that version and higher (I found out that I am up to 4.6.2). So far so good.

I clicked on Audio Conversion and added a stereo FLAC file, but no matter what I tried, the check box and wording "SpecWeb Surround" are greyed out. The examples in the guide on page 18 shows mch files, and I don't see anything about taking a stereo file and using the SpecWeb option within AM. Is there a step that I'm missing or am I just confused :mad:@: about how this works?

Thanks, Ed
Hi Ed, when you open Audiomuxer click application/settings and in the pop-up you'll see SpecWeb Settings, you have to locate your Specweb.exe there. When you have set that, SpecWeb settings will be selectable (?) when you select Audio Conversion, hope this helps.

JerseyEd

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi Ed, when you open Audiomuxer click application/settings and in the pop-up you'll see SpecWeb Settings, you have to locate your Specweb.exe there. When you have set that, SpecWeb settings will be selectable (?) when you select Audio Conversion, hope this helps.
Thanks Jan, that's what was missing. Works like a charm. Thanks again. :music

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So, once my previous laptop crashed, I hadn't yet downloaded all the Specweb applications. In fact, enough time has passed, I forget what exactly I need to do the basics. I found this thread and am now curious.

Can someone direct me to files (applications) I need to download related to specweb to get up and running again? Thanks!!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So, once my previous laptop crashed, I hadn't yet downloaded all the Specweb applications. In fact, enough time has passed, I forget what exactly I need to do the basics. I found this thread and am now curious.

Can someone direct me to files (applications) I need to download related to specweb to get up and running again? Thanks!!
Nevermind, I found it right here on QQ. Did a simple search and found it.

jimfisheye

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Anything it can do that ffmpeg can't?

I ran across this a few years ago and downloaded the Windows version specifically to kludge a Windows-only (at that time) codec into it for fully decoding dts2496 format. Ran that with the Wine app you use to run Windows apps natively.