B & O Beocenter 6000.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

persil

I recently purchased a Sansui QRX5500, and that has rekindled my interest in Quad. I have been looking for a CD4 demodulator to go with it, I havent found one yet but I have found a B & O Beocentrer 6000, complete. And it works!
I have it set up at this moment and it plays and decodes SQ (but with little separation) CD4 (With great separation) and QS (sort of?). I must say it does the job very well indeed! with a suprising amount of power available. Its very Quirky in its operation because it gives the idea that its all electronically controlled and is really mecanical using motors and clutches. I took one look at its inners and put the back on in a hurry! its really well packed in there! I do like it a lot, but not as much as the Sansui! The turntable of this set-up has (I believe?) the cd4 demodulator built into it and the output is on a European Din plug . How would I use this turntable with my Sansui? as this will solve my search for a separate CD4 demod. for use with the Sansui.

Compairing the B & O to the Sansui? Both SQ and QS are handled much better by the Sansui. The B & 0 has more power and (imo) has a better tuner. Both are very good looking! The B & O hanging on the wall with its mirror glass panel illuminated looks amazing! and it is also remote (ultasonic) controlled (must have been one of the first, 1975).

Any of you guys own one of these things? If so your comments would be more tham welcome!

Back