Bad Company Hard Rock Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjc

I just got this cd/dvd package. Initial reports didn't say much about the audio on the dvd and it made it seem that the 5.1 was only on the Blu Ray, but there is a dts option on the dvd and the surround mix isn't too bad on first listen...

There is no mention that I see of the dts on package so, I thought I'd pass this on if anyone is interested... steve c.

Just got this blu ray. On initial listen, it is a band front audience rear mix. Not bad, but so far I haven't heard any instruments in the rear. There may be some b/g vocals in the rears. My chief complaint is that Paul Rodgers while singing terrifically, does Can't Get Enough as an audience sing along. I hate that on concert videos. He only sings the signature line once in the song, all the other times it's the drunken audience. Arrrrrggggghhh!!!

Listening to my straight dvd in dts mode, I thought I heard some guitars in the back channels. I need to go back and see if they were just reverb echoes or my imagination...

If you have to listen that hard, then it's probably not worth it. Is the overall concert enjoyable? What is the quality of the CONTENT? We can assume that this is your basic ambience in the rears 5.1 mix. Assuming that you're a Bad Company fan or just someone who appreciates their music - is it a worthwhile view/listen?

It's still early on my listening curve, but I do enjoy the concert. Having the second guitar, (Howard Leese from Heart and Paul's solo band) seems to help the sound tremendously and Mick seems to be more engaged than I have seen in a while. Bad Company, to me, has never been a great live band, but this is the best I have heard them... I remember heading down to Tampa about 10 years or so ago to see the original 4 members at a reunion and being fairly underwhelmed. Mick seemed to be missing cues and Boz seemed to be playing like he was part of an acoustic jazz trio. This is a major step up from that...

Steve C

The concert overall is great. There are guitar sounds in the surrounds, but it doesn't seem that discrete. Sound quality is great. Video is great as well on Blu.

Back