"Best of Doors" 4.0 Surround SACD from Audio Fidelity (June 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang on, it's an automated message. We should all get something updated to a newer item number or something within a few days.

Keep Calm and Have Patience

Those Bastages!! They cancelled my order for 2 copies, placed the day they listed them on their site.

What a crock of shit. :howl

Hang on, it's an automated message. We should all get something updated to a newer item number or something within a few days.

Keep Calm and Have Patience

I hope you're correct, but fear it's a forlorn hope. Why would they go to the trouble of pissing off all of the customers who've pre-ordered, issue refunds and send out mails just to update items numbers?

My Amazon.com order for Doors is hanging in there, but I got the "please confirm you still want it" email with a new unknown shipping date for the Joe Cocker.

My Doors order on Amazon shows:
"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."
release date: June 30
Pre-order: $27.99 (still think that price is too high but I am a sucker)

For the original Roger Waters SACD:
My order placed on April 6, 2014 is still hanging in there with "We need a little more time to..." note but no release date.

The cancellation is odd and it seems like they are being squeezed out of the market by the supplier. Perhaps the supplier does not like the low price Importcds is able to offer them at. All we can do is wait, and choose to buy. Or not to buy.

I'm not so sure that these vendors like importcds are the problem here...Brian mentioned something in another thread that might be causing problems HERE

Well there's no call for surround music.. blah dee flippin blah.. :ugham: ..the likes of Sony and Warner's can't get their act together and release some standalone 5.1 or old Quad and so a label with some gumption like AF step in and clean up. Seemples! image.jpg

Well there's no call for surround music.. blah dee flippin blah.. :ugham: ..the likes of Sony and Warner's can't get their act together and release some standalone 5.1 or old Quad and so a label with some gumption like AF step in and clean up. Seemples! View attachment 19125

Oops..! My point? AF can't get enough of these babies out there fast enough! More power to their elbow..!!! (y)

The cancellation is odd and it seems like they are being squeezed out of the market by the supplier. Perhaps the supplier does not like the low price Importcds is able to offer them at. All we can do is wait, and choose to buy. Or not to buy.

I was thinking it might be something along those lines as importcds was already the lowest price and then they gave an additional 10%...I wouldn't be surprised if Acoustic Sounds and some of the boutique sites might be putting pressure on the supplier to either shut them out or raise their prices...it happens in business all the time...

Everyone who ordered on amazon relax a minute......the original release date was June 2 but was later bumped to the 30th of June. Those "we're still tryng..." is an automatic response based on the original release date....

I got the dreaded doors cancellation notice. I sent Import cd back a note.

I do suspect they are being squeezed because of their low pricing. Bullmoose music also has not available at this time.

I think it's a technical problem. They frequently cancel orders. Has nothing to do with the title. And the company seems to have been recently sold and they are out of stock on lots of stuff they used to have.

I got the dreaded doors cancellation notice. I sent Import cd back a note.....
I don't think there's anyone there that reads notes.

I think it's a technical problem. They frequently cancel orders. Has nothing to do with the title. And the company seems to have been recently sold and they are out of stock on lots of stuff they used to have.

I don't think there's anyone there that reads notes.
Yeah, they seem pretty lax about service. For the last couple of days at least if you try to register or log in or check Order history you get a page loading error.

It could be that once an item is on preorder past a certain number of days, the orders are automatically cancelled.

There are many reasons why they would do this. One is that people who pre-order sometimes forget that they did and order it other places, then send back the preorder because they already have it, or something like that.

Time will tell, but I don't think that AF is on their case about their price. I once asked Marshall why a place can sell his SACDs for $19 and he said that $19 was actually below the cost to the reseller, so it's ImportCDs loss, not AF, if they sell the disc cheap.

No matter, I firmly believe that this disc will actually sell out, and a second pressing will be done and that will also sell out. At that point, because of newer titles coming out, they may not have the manufacturing capacity to do a third pressing, so get this one as soon as you can. I know I'm going to bag a few for future trading.

You guys are making me paranoid....I ordered my single copy from Amazon on the day I heard about the release.....so I just went back to Amazon and ordered another copy....why not? See what happens...

You guys are making me paranoid....I ordered my single copy from Amazon on the day I heard about the release.....so I just went back to Amazon and ordered another copy....why not? See what happens...

So GOS and JON bought them all - taaaaaaackle them!!! :p

Back