Quantcast

Black Sabbath "Paranoid" Super Deluxe

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Sounds straight up insulting to the original release! I'd expect that kind of thing from bootlegs.
Yes to the Q4 copy.
I totally agree, it doesn't even make sense, fold down to stereo , who cares, stereo is stereo, they might have said copied from original brickwalled release.
Throw in a $20.00 disc and sell the damn thing correctly.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I totally agree, it doesn't even make sense, fold down to stereo , who cares, stereo is stereo, they might have said copied from original brickwalled release.
Throw in a $20.00 disc and sell the damn thing correctly.
The lure for the stereo listeners with respect to the fold down is that the quad master used different takes on a few of the tracks... Rat Salad & Fairies Wear Boots spring to mind.... there may be more. Getting those alternate takes on an LP wasn't possible back in the day unless you went the bootleg route.

Quad66

I was literally just raving about the quad mix to a Sabbath fan who never heard of it. Unreal that they won't include the actual quad version. That alone would make it a big seller. They included quad mixes on the Pink Floyd so why not the quad mix on this? Maybe the Japanese will do it at some point...

steelydave

Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Looks like they've just taken the contents of the deluxe edition from a few years back and padded it out by replicating all the CD material on vinyl.

A real (second) missed opportunity, unless they're planning to issue the quad mix as some kind of stand-alone multichannel disc. Dare to dream!