Blu-ray playlist database?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrocity

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
First off, if you've never tried to extract the audio from a Blu-ray and have no interest in ever doing so, this will be completely uninteresting to you. :)

If someone hasn't already done it somewhere, I'm wondering if it would be useful to build a database of music Blu-rays listing which playlists match which program items.

Or maybe someone can tell me that I'm just doing it wrong and it doesn't need to be as much work as I turn it into: When I get a new Blu-ray that I want to extract for my server, the only way I know of to figure out what the contents are is to open the disc in AudioMuxer, open every playlist, note the duration + number of chapters + audio options, then put the disc in a normal player and try to match that data to the menu items.

It's a tedious process because each playlist can take a while to open and many discs are filled with what appear to be junk playlists. Until now, I've just done it for myself, but it occurs to me I'm probably not the only one going through the trouble.

Seems like a series of HTML tables would be perfect...one table per disc, one row per playlist showing:

1. Playlist number
  2. Duration
  3. Number of chapters
  4. Audio formats
  5. Program ("Main Album", "Original Master", "Flatulent Ocelot Remix", etc.)

Am I crazy?

I Extract/decrypt the audio using MakeMKV, to a MKV - The interface helps in determining what playlist the files you want are in.
Then extract the audio via Audiomuxer (from the MKV), doing this you can save as FLAC
Then you can get Album/track informaiton using a tagging tool such as MP3tag (which works on FLAC files)

I used to use AnyDVD HD, but as you say determining what playlist to select was "guess" work when selecting the Playlist in Audiomuxer.

Does that help?

Does that help?

It might for a lot of discs, thank you for the suggestion. But coincidentally I just tried using MakeMKV yesterday for the first time in a while and a freshly-downloaded version didn't know what to do with "Relayer". As I posted in another thread, I think there's something odd in that disc's authoring.

It might for a lot of discs, thank you for the suggestion. But coincidentally I just tried using MakeMKV yesterday for the first time in a while and a freshly-downloaded version didn't know what to do with "Relayer". As I posted in another thread, I think there's something odd in that disc's authoring.

I'll try Relayer myself in a few days when I get it (I need a disc for the car)...

Did you download the latest version of MakeMKV? - they update it when new copy protection comes out...

Back