Blur "The Ballad Of Darren" (Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos mix shipping 7/21)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Simon A
A few songs from that third album are actually in Atmos! Theres an EP I found on Amazon, should be on other streaming services, with 2022 remixes of Moving, Beautiful People, Pumping on Your Stereo, and Born Again in Atmos! Not the whole album but better than nothing!

Thanks for the info! As I don't stream, I'm hoping for a SDE release down the road.

@Simon A
A few songs from that third album are actually in Atmos! Theres an EP I found on Amazon, should be on other streaming services, with 2022 remixes of Moving, Beautiful People, Pumping on Your Stereo, and Born Again in Atmos! Not the whole album but better than nothing!

Wow wow this is great. Supergrass' third album was the first one I bought for what was my fancy brand new minidisc :phones I played the hell out of that album. The Supergrass catalogue in surround would really be a dream come true.

Amazon fr

CFCF428B-BF45-4B52-A0C5-A27E5B61B8D7.jpeg

Shipping has begun! I got notification yesterday and Royal Mail say they will deliver mine tomorrow.
The postman walked straight past, delivered nothing:( I checked the tracking which tells me it's in their Home Counties North facility, after a quick Google I find that that's in Hemel Hempsted Hertfordshire 207 miles away from me.

My bluray arrived at home this morning. Hopefully I'll get a chance to listen to tonight. Fingers crossed the surround mix is fine. This was one that I was worried about, as there isn't a dedicated surround mix, so the 5.1 is a fold down from the Atmos, which doesn't always sound great with these SDE discs.

Had a quick flick through the Dolby Atmos mix before work. There seemed to be very little, if anything, coming from the ear-level rear channels from what I've heard so far. Sides and all heights were active though. Will check it out in more detail later.

I am listening to the album right now through AppleTV though mixed down to 5.1. While the surrounds are active, there doesn't appear to be much going on aside from some slight reverb and much attenuated backing vocals on certain tracks. I like the album, though it is depressing music, as I like it.

I'm having my first listen now, in Atmos folded down to TrueHD 5.1. (don't have Atmos).

First thoughts - nice songs, but boy is it quiet! I have my Denon turned up to 62, which is unthinkable for me (especially on a Saturday morning, when my wife is still asleep upstairs) and it is still quiet. It sounds nice though, and I am getting keyboards, guitar, backing vocals from the rears.

I'm having my first listen now, in Atmos folded down to TrueHD 5.1. (don't have Atmos).

First thoughts - nice songs, but boy is it quiet! I have my Denon turned up to 62, which is unthinkable for me (especially on a Saturday morning, when my wife is still asleep upstairs) and it is still quiet. It sounds nice though, and I am getting keyboards, guitar, backing vocals from the rears.
No such problems with the volume to me, aside from the lack of significant activity in surrounds.

boy is it quiet! I have my Denon turned up to 62, which is unthinkable for me
DialNorm encoded to -19 on the TrueHD/Atmos stream, so the level drops 12 dB on playback :rolleyes:

Does anyone check these things? Fortunately they seem to have lowered the stereo mix by the same amount, so you don't get blasted when switching streams.

Back