CD players in cars - not long for this world

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I was bummed that some Acura's no longer have DVD-A players in the newest models, but it seems the car manufacturers are moving away from disc players completely in the near future.

I suppose time marches on, but there is no real easy way to play 5.1 files in a car other than from a disc.

Bummer

http://www.edmunds.com/car-technology/the-car-cd-player-deathwatch.html

Remember the good old days when you buy a new car with no audio system at all? My 1979 VW Scirocco was like that. Never put one in either.

The sooner they make a system for cars that plays 5.1 FLAC files, the better!

How about Blu-ray audio players for the car? Not that I'd buy one. I'm happy with satellite radio. I keep it on "garage". Anyone heard "Gardening Man" recently?

I got a free ride on Sirius XM in my new car. I've yet to use it. A Blu-Ray/DVD-A-V/SACD/CD would be the nuts. My player plays all but Blu-Ray and SACD, and it has an internal hard drive.

How about Blu-ray audio players for the car? Not that I'd buy one. I'm happy with satellite radio. I keep it on "garage". Anyone heard "Gardening Man" recently?

Back