Charlie Watts has passed away @ 80

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember being mesmerised by the Rolling Stones on the TV show 'Ready Steady Go' I can't remember when exactly, as it was broadcast between 1963-66 (so I was 6 to 9yrs old), but if my memory serves me correctly they 'won' best up and coming group of the year(?) on the episode I remember watching. So RIP Charlie Watts, sadly missed.
Not quite 'Ready' Duncan but an insight into how things were...

It still BLOWES ME AWAY that KEIF is still alive….I guess $$$ can buy PURE HEROIN & DAILY BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS…if anyone has ever listened to any of his interviews over the last 30 years would understand…and his guitar playing prowess no NON EXISTENT

YOWSA, MM, even though poor Keith looks like a bad embalming job, he can still riff with the best of them as evidenced in their 2016 LIVE Havana Moon Concert. If you haven't seen it .... do so. Keith is ON FIRE! And so is Charlie!

It still BLOWES ME AWAY that KEIF is still alive….I guess $$$ can buy PURE HEROIN & DAILY BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS…if anyone has ever listened to any of his interviews over the last 30 years would understand…and his guitar playing prowess no NON EXISTENT
I think the whole heroin thing was blown out of proportion. We all know he was deep into it for a while but there is a bit of a myth built up over the years as to the length of time. And he's done all he can to embellish the legend/myth. I always liked Kieth but I lost some of my respect for him when he started dressing like a pirate/gypsy (outside his role in the movie).
It's probably more amazing that he has survived smokingcigarettes. He always seemed to have one in his hand whenever he was photographed.

YOWSA, MM, even though poor Keith looks like a bad embalming job, he can still riff with the best of them as evidenced in their 2016 LIVE Havana Moon Concert. If you haven't seen it .... do so. Keith is ON FIRE! And so is Charlie!
Not knocking anyone…. Just saying that if anyone I would have expected KEIF….

Not knocking anyone…. Just saying that if anyone I would have expected KEIF….
Well like Robert Plant has said time and time again he wants to expand his horizons and not be playing a CHARACTICURE of his younger self, playing greatest hits tour after tour after tour….which is why they called it a day when J. Bonham died. I think Zep had the right idea

Last edited:
Back