Charlie Watts has passed away @ 80

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith Richards fitting tribute to bandmate Charlie Watts

Keith Richards Charlie Watts death

Well like Robert Plant has said time and time again he wants to expand his horizons and not be playing a CHARACTICURE of his younger self, playing greatest hits tour after tour after tour….which is why they called it a day when J. Bonham died. I think Zep had the right idea

What strikes me most about that video is all the people, like the Obama's, thinking they are the hip ones when they probably never really listened to Led Zeppelin, whether because they just didn't or were too young.

Doug

It still BLOWES ME AWAY that KEIF is still alive….I guess $$$ can buy PURE HEROIN & DAILY BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS…if anyone has ever listened to any of his interviews over the last 30 years would understand…and his guitar playing prowess now NON EXISTENT
Well, Keith and Ozzy are special cases. Probability suggests they shouldn't be here anymore. So it's always going to be "How could?!" when any of their band mates leave before them. We went to ELP or Crimson shows to be blown away by chops and Stones shows to party and hear the singles though, right? I know what you're saying but you can't deny some of what these guys brought. I'm more of a progressive listener too though. Check out some of their early albums in mono. You might be surprised. (Is that allowed to say around here?)

RIP

What strikes me most about that video is all the people, like the Obama's, thinking they are the hip ones when they probably never really listened to Led Zeppelin, whether because they just didn't or were too young.

Doug
Oh PLEEZEE….Obama not hip…he’s a STONER from way back…he’s even admitted to it…I’m sure he’s old enough to have enjoyed Zeps music…anyone of any age could and should

So many have so much good things.
Saw the Stones Steel Wheels, Bridges to Babylon both those shows at Oakland and the last time in 2019 at Levis Staduim. The band always made it a point to acknowledge Charlie during the show.
He was a cool cat.
I guess I saw them my first time just after their prime….1975 Tour of America’s at Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens…I would assume their prime would have been the tour before that….also saw Steel Wheels and Urban Jungle…oh and least I forget the Concert for the Blind in Oshawa Ontario Canada. Best show I saw was Tour of the Americas by far

Funny thing. Yesterday I was trying out my new ipod while on a bike ride (no traffic rail trail). Usually I go for a proggy album list, and enjoy the river gorge scenery. But for some reason, I selected disc one of Hot Rocks. This was my first Stones record, bought when I was in high school. I immediately thought back to seeing the Stones at Veteran's Stadium back in the 90's and the raucous Philadelphia ovation Charlie Watts received when Mick introduced the band. No exaggeration; he got more love from the crowd than any of his band mates did. And then today I see this. RIP Charlie.

Hmmm , hate to say this but my bluray of their 65 tour now becomes a collectors item.

If you haven't seen this yet you should . All about the fans and their strange reactions like the girls hysteria to The Stones Concerts .

Attachments

• 20210825_104201.jpg
    20210825_104201.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210825_104222.jpg
    20210825_104222.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 52
He's a square.

Being a stoner does NOT a hip person make.

Yea , I agree he does kinda seem a bit : straight laced .
More of a soul , and r&b dude , with a splash of Jazz. (Nothing wrong with that btw):coffee:

BTW I heard a bit of a story 'bout Mick and Charlie.

Mick was all gassed up at 3 in the a of m , shouting down the hotel hallway "where's my drummer , where the f is my fn drummer!!.
Charlie the dapper guy he was , got dressed full suit , went up to Mick in the hallway and bopped him one . And said "I'm not your drummer , Your My Singer"!

Back