Music DVD Poll Cream - Royal Albert Hall 2005 (2 Discs)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "Cream - Royal Albert Hall 2005"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, Poor Content, Poor Packaging/Graphics

• 1 - Complete waste of plastic

• Total voters
lee just got this not long ago and it's great! old guys yes, but not talentwise, just so much more experience as shown in Ec's ability and ginger bakers drum solo where he doesn't even break a sweat! a must add on if you were out there in the 70's going to concerts. made me feel old too!

I just picked up the HD DVD. I needed to own enough of those discs to justify owning a player or get rid of the player and I decided to buy more discs after the format was removed from life support. It is a great reunion concert, my only complaint is Clapton and Bruce are a little out of sync when trying to harmonize, otherwise, these old guys did really well. I really think this HD DVD offers DVD quality audio only which wasn't uncommon for Warner so I hope Warner ups their game with the extra capacity and bitrate available with Blu-ray. This sounds great anyway so I won't replace it if Warner does offer a Dolby TrueHD version on Blu-ray in the future. My HD-A1 could only find stereo PCM and DTS 5.1 so I assume that is all that was offered here, no Dolby Digital.

I don't really think these three guys are going to ever do this again, so this was a must have for me. As an HD DVD concert disc, it gets an 8 from me but I don't guess I will vote here.

Chris

I just picked up the HD DVD. I needed to own enough of those discs to justify owning a player or get rid of the player and I decided to buy more discs after the format was removed from life support. It is a great reunion concert, my only complaint is Clapton and Bruce are a little out of sync when trying to harmonize, otherwise, these old guys did really well. I really think this HD DVD offers DVD quality audio only which wasn't uncommon for Warner so I hope Warner ups their game with the extra capacity and bitrate available with Blu-ray. This sounds great anyway so I won't replace it if Warner does offer a Dolby TrueHD version on Blu-ray in the future. My HD-A1 could only find stereo PCM and DTS 5.1 so I assume that is all that was offered here, no Dolby Digital.

I don't really think these three guys are going to ever do this again, so this was a must have for me. As an HD DVD concert disc, it gets an 8 from me but I don't guess I will vote here.

Chris
Chris my dvd copy is only dts, they never did dd with this evidently. Iv'e pcm and dts selections

Finally picked this one up. I'ts worth every penny. I'll give it a "10". The 5.1 DTS surround mix sounds awesome, rich and full, and bass that thumps you in the chest. Question? Can any body recommend some other music DVD's that are of this quality.

Finally picked this one up. I'ts worth every penny. I'll give it a "10". The 5.1 DTS surround mix sounds awesome, rich and full, and bass that thumps you in the chest. Question? Can any body recommend some other music DVD's that are of this quality.

Sure can.

1 - Eric Clapton "Crossroads 2007" - especially the Blind Faith tracks with Stevie Winwood.
2 - Led Zeppelin - Live (The 2 disc set)
3 - Nirvana - Unplugged
4 - Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere.....but not here
5 - Duran Duran - Live from London (with a "gotcha" that the Audio/Video sync is well out of whack, even on the "corrected" version. The DTS stream is great though)

Sure can.

1 - Eric Clapton "Crossroads 2007" - especially the Blind Faith tracks with Stevie Winwood.
2 - Led Zeppelin - Live (The 2 disc set)
3 - Nirvana - Unplugged
4 - Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere.....but not here
5 - Duran Duran - Live from London (with a "gotcha" that the Audio/Video sync is well out of whack, even on the "corrected" version. The DTS stream is great though)

And a few more ( a trio of excellent Elliot Scheiner discrete live mixes with DTS streams);

1. Loggins & Messina - Sittin' In Again At The Santa Barbara Live Bowl - Live
2. Electric Light Orchestra (feat Jeff Lynne) - Zoom Tour Live
3. Two Against Nature Steely Dan's Plush TV Jazz Rock Party in Sensuous Surround Sound

Back