David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A preview of the video for the song 'Today':
[video=youtube;Rg10r2W4W5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg10r2W4W5o[/video]

You can listen to the whole song here
(If you watch the preview clip then listen to the whole song, you may be surprised with how it begins) ;)

Just got it at FNAC in Madrid for 22€, a bargain. Completed first listen and its a wonderful album, lush orchestrations that do shine in surround. But more on the mix later...
Best thing so far is barn jam 1: You've got to watch it to believe it, I was smiling and crying at the same time seeing Rick

I've been told that mine has arrived in the post at home, so hopefully I'll get a chance to listen to it tonight. Friday night, a glass (or 3) of red, and new music playing in surround :friday::banana:

Mine hasn't arrived yet (it will later today), but I was able to listen to the album in stereo on Spotify this morning, and I think it could be David Gilmour's finest recorded work since "The Division Bell" in 1994. If the surround mix is as good as I think it will be (based on Andy's surround mixing on "The Division Bell" and "The Endless River") this vote could be very high! :)

Just finished my first full listen to "Rattle That Lock" in surround, and it's a clear winner! The best new release this year behind "Hand Cannot Erase".
Will listen more before I definitely vote and write a proper review, but for those of you who love David's music and Andy's mixing on an album like "The Division Bell", everyone who enjoyed that release should definitely enjoy this one too! It's also definitely more enjoyable than "The Endless River", so get on it! :)

Just finished my first full listen to "Rattle That Lock" in surround, and it's a clear winner! The best new release this year behind "Hand Cannot Erase".
Will listen more before I definitely vote and write a proper review, but for those of you who love David's music and Andy's mixing on an album like "The Division Bell", everyone who enjoyed that release should definitely enjoy this one too! It's also definitely more enjoyable than "The Endless River", so get on it! :)

I've just finished too! Its a great evening listen, its 9.30pm here. What time is it with you?!

Agreed the surround mix is superb. The songs haven't really grabbed me yet though, but I'm sure they will. Am now watching the Barn Jams. Very emotional with Rick Wright. And a quality package too, quite like Endless River.

And the wine's very nice too!

I've just finished too! Its a great evening listen, its 9.30pm here. What time is it with you?!

Agreed the surround mix is superb. The songs haven't really grabbed me yet though, but I'm sure they will. Am now watching the Barn Jams. Very emotional with Rick Wright. And a quality package too, quite like Endless River.

And the wine's very nice too!

It's 4:30 in the afternoon here, so plenty of time for at least one more listen at some point today!
I should also add that for those of you on the fence about getting this release, besides the full album in high-resolution surround, there's close to 2 hours of extras included as well, so this should definitely be a great purchase for anyone who has any inkling to get this release! :)

:(:(:( Amazon Prime & the US Post Office let me down. web site states it is "On The Way" - "Arriving On Time Today by 8:00 PM"
At the tone the time & temperature will be 9:00 PM & 78 Degrees - BEEP - Do you know where your children & Box Set are?

--Greg

My quick first impressions are: great fidelity, superior and appropriate mix, but the songs themselves leave me a bit flat. Lots of listening left before I pass a final judgment on the tunes themselves.

:(:(:( Amazon Prime & the US Post Office let me down. web site states it is "On The Way" - "Arriving On Time Today by 8:00 PM"
At the tone the time & temperature will be 9:00 PM & 78 Degrees - BEEP - Do you know where your children & Box Set are?

--Greg

It appears that amazon's focus is on other things...well at least the chief executive...beam me up HERE

It was nice to be able to walk into a Best Buy store and pick up a copy on the release date. I only got a chance to hear the stereo layer, but I will soon enough be able to hear the main event.

I'm . . . conflicted about using Amazon, but I listened to the first two tracks with my wife, and we liked what we heard so far.

Been binge listening since it came yesterday. Love it. Superb mix and layers of sound that keep revealing new things with each listen. Great music, and it's getting better as I listen more. My favourite moment so far is "A Boat Lies Waiting", beautiful dreamy tribute with gorgeous harmonies by Crosby and Nash. Sounds like they're overdubbed at least twice, they sound so good! Reminds me a little bit of "Because". :cool: LOVE IT!!!

there's close to 2 hours of extras included as well

And man, is it confusing trying to get to them via Audiomuxer! Some bits are in their own playlists, some aren't. Probably the best way to get everything is to get the entire thing via playlist 16 and just keep the chapters you want.

Back