SRIJ.jpg

JFF.jpg

JFC.jpg

eso.jpg

BRADD.jpg

Last edited:

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have New Birth, Perez Prado, Others By Brothers, and Feliciano's Compartments. I'd need to revisit all of them to give you specifics, but I remember the Japanese Perez Prado title having a fairly aggressive mix. Same with the Hugo Montenegro (all his quads are uber-active).

Also, Hugo's Others By Brothers and Severinson's Rhapsody For Now! were reissued on SACD by Dutton-Vocalion.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
thanks Freddie, somehow missed those, immediate buys for me and I'll edit them out of the post!
anytime Mister Pupster 🤗

fwiw i remember the Perez Prado fondly.. iirc most if not all of the Stylistics CD-4's have been done by guys the ilk of AOQ, Bob R., Tad, Tab, etc.. oh and both my Compartments demodulated really badly so i settled for the Q8 which was absolutely fine for my needs (Q4 conversion(s) may be available 😉 )

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The New Birth's It's Been A Long Time isn't bad at all. The music has a slow-burn soul type of vibe, kinda like The Hues Corporation or Main Ingredient. The quad mix is okay - a lot of stuff that's 'double stereo', but there's definitely some discrete elements in the rear channels (usually horns or strings). Some songs have the lead vocal in all four speakers and others have it only in the front channels.