• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Dolby Atmos Releases (so far)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Krmt

I tried sending them a mail also earlier but didn't get any response. Would also be interested if it's still possible to get this. Should have again pressed the buy button a lot earlier..

AYanguas

How's the Atmos? I came late to the party with this one and it seems to be sold out everywhere, any idea where to get any spares?
The use of Atmos is good enough for me. You hear the sound in the bubble, and also discrete little sounds and individual notes coming from different directions from surround and above.

Very interesting the video animations that come with music. Although my wife refused to continue watching after the second track because she said it was like someone was trying to control her brain.

I am a Prog Rock fan and was not very interested in electronic music. But with this release and some other Dolby Atmos electronic music releases like the two albums of Matt Darey and the last Morgenstund of Schiller, I begin to like this kind of music for the enjoyment possibilities that Dolby Atmos offers to me.

César

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The use of Atmos is good enough for me. You hear the sound in the bubble, and also discrete little sounds and individual notes coming from different directions from surround and above.

Very interesting the video animations that come with music. Although my wife refused to continue watching after the second track because she said it was like someone was trying to control her brain.

I am a Prog Rock fan and was not very interested in electronic music. But with this release and some other Dolby Atmos electronic music releases like the two albums of Matt Darey and the last Morgenstund of Schiller, I begin to like this kind of music for the enjoyment possibilities that Dolby Atmos offers to me.
Gracias... I sometimes struggle with modern electronic music too (I'm ok with Jarre or Tangerine Dream), as I have the same musical tastes as yours. Matt Darey is a bit too much for me, just to give you an example

AYanguas

Gracias... I sometimes struggle with modern electronic music too (I'm ok with Jarre or Tangerine Dream), as I have the same musical tastes as yours. Matt Darey is a bit too much for me, just to give you an example
I agree. First Cassette I bought in the Early 70's was from Tangerine Dream, but then changed quickly to King Crimson and the like.

I started Matt Darey listening because of the Dolby Atmos experience itself. If just Stereo, not the musical genre for me.

And as there are so few music in Dolby Atmos, as soon as I discovered in this forum the Max Cooper Emergence Atmos, I could get almost the last one! There were only two left in bandcamp when I bought it!

perzon57

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
What Matt Darey has Atmos?Just ordered a copy of Morgenstund by Schiller from amazon.co.uk.Cost me £52. :rolleyes:

perzon57

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Downloaded a £1 test track with all 3 formats.The Oppo could play Atmos from MP4 and M2TS,the mkv file was played as plain 5.1.

Last edited:

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is a first for me...I didn't know you could download Atmos Music using mkv.
Downloaded the trial track and this is right up my street....great use of my 7.2(got another subby) 4 speaker set up.
Price is a bit steep though, for the full release!!
Bet I buy it though.... (y) :)

Update: It's actually 7.1

humprof

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star

I haven’t read this but it looks interesting. It says you can download the entire issue to learn more.
Definitely worth a read. I gave a brief rundown of it in a different thread, if you're interested. Another member posted a link to issuu.com (where you don't have to surrender your info in order to read it).

Last edited: