DTS file +Foobar + USB + Spdif + Decoder = SOLVED!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
(y)

Finally!

Just back from the holidays found out the new arrival: this HA info U2 DAC

http://cgi.ebay.it/HA-info-U2-USB-t...uting_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item3a683262a5

Installed its ASIO drivers, locked the ASIO driver to 44100 16 bit, tested with DTS file with Foobar... and now the dts decoder is a happy camper and plays beautifully!!!!

It's pretty cheap and do bit-perfect without hassles. If you want dts cd file out of a USB port this does it.

(y)(y)(y)

(y)

Finally!

Just back from the holidays found out the new arrival: this HA info U2 DAC

http://cgi.ebay.it/HA-info-U2-USB-t...uting_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item3a683262a5

Installed its ASIO drivers, locked the ASIO driver to 44100 16 bit, tested with DTS file with Foobar... and now the dts decoder is a happy camper and plays beautifully!!!!

It's pretty cheap and do bit-perfect without hassles. If you want dts cd file out of a USB port this does it.

(y)(y)(y)

Does this unit only output DTS/AC-3 from a USB port or does it allow you to feed in analog audio for multichannel encoding?

I need a box - if they exist - that would allow me to feed the multi-channel outputs of my Fosgate Tate or Shure 5300 surround decoder into the unit and get a dts encoded stream back out - my receiver doesn't allow Audyssey to be used with the discrete inputs, but if there was a small, stand-alone DTS encoder that accepted 6 channels in, I could use my Fosgate and Shure with the Denon receiver's Audyssey EQ and other features. Does anyone know of something like this - and that isn't super expensive?

Does this unit only output DTS/AC-3 from a USB port or does it allow you to feed in analog audio for multichannel encoding?

I need a box - if they exist - that would allow me to feed the multi-channel outputs of my Fosgate Tate or Shure 5300 surround decoder into the unit and get a dts encoded stream back out - my receiver doesn't allow Audyssey to be used with the discrete inputs, but if there was a small, stand-alone DTS encoder that accepted 6 channels in, I could use my Fosgate and Shure with the Denon receiver's Audyssey EQ and other features. Does anyone know of something like this - and that isn't super expensive?

The Creative - DTS-610 is a small standalone DTS encoder, accepts 6 ch analog input, coax and spdif digital output, no usb out.
The intention of that machine is exactly what you are describing.
No longer made, so may need to search around to find one.
One on ebay now, item # 130516057612

vinylguy4.

No, only usb2spdif. BTW, it can do up to 96/24/2, using a Tenor chipset.
The Creative610 is the only standalone box known to do such a thing.

I just bought the Creative - DTS-610 on eBay - thanks VinylGuy for letting me know both about it and the auction - now I'll be able to use the Audyssey EQ in my Denon receiver with my Fosgate Tate II, Sony SQD-2020, SMART Circle Surround and Shure HTS-5300, which are all fed from a dbx 128 Compressor/Expander/Type II Noise Reduction unit. Plus, I'll be able to use the Pro-Logic IIx "Surround EX" processing in my Denon to make four surround channels from the rear outputs of the Fosgate Tate II.

Back