Dual Disc DualDisc with Dolby Headphone audio track(s)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANd the original DualDisc was supposed to be DVD-A , which has nothing to do with any form of lossy compression format - period.
Thanks, Sony!

Now yet another space hog, and another blow to Lossless multichannel.

This is nothing but good news. The Blondie disc is already out & DOES contain a 5.1 DVD-A track, so the Dolby Headphone track is EXTRA value-added content. It doesn't replace anything.

And you still cannot buy these in European shops due to a legal action.
Stuff DualDisc.
Let's have more DVD-A - at least we can buy that in the UK, as there is no lawsuit about someone else "inventing" it first - without even making a prototype disc!
Just a claim of "I thought of it first and it's all so unfair that I'm gonna sue"

kfbkfb said:
http://www.dolby.com/about/news_events/press_releases/co_pr_0412_DolbyHeadphoneDualDisc.html

The news item seems vague about the Dolby Headphone audio track(s),
there's no specific mention of Dolby Headphone encoded 2 channel
DD or PCM audio track(s) on the DVD side of a DualDisc.

Kirk Bayne

For what it's worth, Silverline's DVD-A's (not DualDisc) have mp3s that are encoded with Dolby Headphone. I had to open the disc icon on the computer desktop to find the folder they were in. You'd think there'd have been instructions on how to locate the folder. But still, with so many iPod fanatics, you'd think this feature would be given more attention.

WOW.

That little fact will now cause me to buy discs I'd not take a chance on, otherwise. How do I know which Silverline's have them or is it a given?

timbre4 said:
WOW.

That little fact will now cause me to buy discs I'd not take a chance on, otherwise. How do I know which Silverline's have them or is it a given?

It seems to be a given on all Silverline Dual Discs - it wasn't common before then - the Josh Wink Narrow Path CD/DVD Dual pack (now a DualDisc) was the first I noticed had 'em...

FWIW I don't like the sound - prefer my own ripped, normal stereo, higher bitrate AAC!

Back