ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that information Neil. I had already preordered this one...after all, who can argue with a $17 DVDA of BSS ;) with a new 5.1 Remix !!

And where are you finding this for pre-order for $17? It is selling for $33 on the ELP website.

order now then!

I was in the process but didn't like some odd fine print I saw when I went to pay with Paypal. It said my "preferred" payment method would be used on all future orders from the retailer. Weird. I'll wait. Also, what if I need to change my mailing address sometime between now and mid-April? Too many complications.

Well, I have both DVD-A and SACD editions (and vynil LP and first edition CD).

Is there something new in this edition?

Thanks.

Well, I have both DVD-A and SACD editions (and vynil LP and first edition CD).

Is there something new in this edition?

Hey Dude,

I bought the DVD-A back when as well... I'll buy this one in one second to make sure the lads release Trilogy as well. (y)

What is very sweet about this offering, is the 2.0 mix by Jakko. Some might say any new 2.0 remix is sacreligious, but this is the first time(to my knowledge) that ELP fans get a new 2.0 BSS mix directly from the multi-tracks tapes! The individual tracks get ripped to digital and then cleaned for hiss & noise, so after the mixdown, there is absolutely no addative noise from the multi-channel down mix. Which can be substantial with mag tape recordings of that age. Jakko's new 2.0 mix should be absolutely crystal clear and silent. Jakko is such a fine musician and prog appreciater, I am sure he will do a faithful & worthy mix. Just my $.02.

Cheers!

Amazon.de is now listing 3 different versions for this "Brain Salad Surgery" reissue: the 3-disc edition already listed on ELP's store, a 2-disc edition (presumably two CDs), and then a 5-disc set! Now what could be in there? Guess we'll have to wait and see… :)

(Just search "emerson lake palmer" or "Brain salad surgery" on amazon.de or amazon.fr to get the results)

Amazon.de is now listing 3 different versions for this "Brain Salad Surgery" reissue: the 3-disc edition already listed on ELP's store, a 2-disc edition (presumably two CDs), and then a 5-disc set! Now what could be in there? Guess we'll have to wait and see… :)

(Just search "emerson lake palmer" or "Brain salad surgery" on amazon.de or amazon.fr to get the results)

I saw that also on Amazon.de. Before they not clearly define the product I would not order.
Amazon makes much mistakes in the past.

It's been fun chitting and chatting about lots of things, BUT we need to return this thread to ELP.

Thanks in advance, guys! :eek:

You are correct QL. I have gotten complaints about this thread being derailed, so "I'm a gonna clean it up"

Maybe I'll just move all of the off topic thread to another place. Sorry if anyone is offended, but them's the breaks.

Here they went: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?18675-Unraveled-Thread-Castles-in-the-Air

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!
Thanks

I could tell you, but would then have to shoot you afterwards and I don't fancy the jail time......:yikes
I'll spring for the info as soon as I am cleared to do so

I could tell you, but would then have to shoot you afterwards and I don't fancy the jail time......:yikes
I'll spring for the info as soon as I am cleared to do so

Fine by me! I'd rather you stay out of jail and keep making discs, just like I'd like to continue to live and hear them! ;) :ugham:

So, what I get from that is the 5 disc version is a real product and not just a figment of Amazon.de's imagination.

So, what I get from that is the 5 disc version is a real product and not just a figment of Amazon.de's imagination.

Amazon.de has the 5-disc set listed for 99 Euros. Those 2 additional discs would have to be rather extraordinary. Nothing remotely comes to mind that would justify the additional cost. Nonetheless, I look forward to Neil's announcement, when he gets clearance!

Back