Faulty Immersion BR Disks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent via 'no signature required' tracked priority air mail. Sent July 5.
As long as they used tracked shipping for Spain, I'd keep my faith that I'll eventually receive it.
I felt nostalgic yesterday and actually opened and played the Immersion set. I had forgotten about how much enjoyable the live set is, together with the rough mix from 1972. Us and Them with extended intro is excellent

The carrier pigeon turned out to have been a snail, the replacement DSOTM disc was with the mail in my porch this morning - the snail mail deliverer doesn't like the letterbox in the door!
Edit: It was posted yesterday 16/07/18 with by 1pm Special Delivery (Tracked), cost them £6.50. This will have cost someone a lot of money to do.

Last edited:
The carrier pigeon turned out to have been a snail, the replacement DSOTM disc was with the mail in my porch this morning - the snail mail deliverer doesn't like the letterbox in the door!
Edit: It was posted yesterday 16/07/18 with by 1pm Special Delivery (Tracked), cost them £6.50. This will have cost someone a lot of money to do.
Mine arrived today they don't appear to have spared any expense in the end

At long last I received mine! It was sent on July 5th, it has been sitting somewhere in Madrid's Post Office since the 9th. I had to contact Andy at Aecreate and he told me the tracking number, really excellent support from his side. I complaint at the Post Office and suddenly, today, it appeared on my mail box.
Everything works normally, did not have any time yet to check the Easter egg.

At long last I received mine! It was sent on July 5th, it has been sitting somewhere in Madrid's Post Office since the 9th. I had to contact Andy at Aecreate and he told me the tracking number, really excellent support from his side. I complaint at the Post Office and suddenly, today, it appeared on my mail box.

Let's just hope that Easter Egg isn't cracked!

Roger the Hat is alive and well (as an easter egg of course), it's the first thing I checked.

Thanks for confirming!
Actually when my first BD failed the only reason I bought a second Dark Side immersion box was because the RtH easter egg was not on the DVD, so I had to buy a second box just for that very funny Roger the Hat interview (I must be mad). So I now have two fully working DSOTM Immersion boxes, somewhere down the line I might sell the spare but it won't be for a loss.

Weirdness today...

In June, I shipped my defective disc via FedEx (I work for FedEx Office) so I'd get my discount. Turns out, I'm a huge dumbass and overlooked the fact that it was a PO Box that FedEx can't deliver to. So it sat in the UK for a few weeks until they shipped it back to me. I received my defective disc back a couple weeks ago.

Yesterday, I sent my wife to the post office to re-send the defective disc, so I could finally get the damn thing replaced. After she paid the post office to send it all the way to the UK, she comes home and checks the mail and there's a "We Missed You" slip in there. I take it to the post office today, and lo and behold it's the replacement BD. I have no idea how they got my address since my original shipment never even arrived there...

I'm perplexed, but also happy... lol

Snood got my DSOTM replacement disc tooooooooooooooooday \o/ - Sent it in about 3 or 4 weeks ago and went bye bye lil buddy :confused:

And me lil buddy returned to me all shiney and neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew :LB:rocks:LB

So they still have them..... send em in :love:

Thanks Clint. Is the Analogue Productions the one to look for?

The easy answer would be yes...but it's a little more complicated...there was a blu ray version in the Immersion Box Set which contained the "standard" Guthrie mix and also a Quad Mix....but...and here is the rub...there were some problems with the European version of the Blu Ray....defects.....so if you could get the US version of the blu ray in the Immersion Box ...it would be the better version..IMO...but that involves a lot of work finding just the disc and more money...

The easy answer would be yes...but it's a little more complicated...there was a blu ray version in the Immersion Box Set which contained the "standard" Guthrie mix and also a Quad Mix....but...and here is the rub...there were some problems with the European version of the Blu Ray....defects.....so if you could get the US version of the blu ray in the Immersion Box ...it would be the better version..IMO...but that involves a lot of work finding just the disc and more money...
I was aware of the problems with the DSOTM bluray, but I didn't know the WYWH bluray was affected too. So both of those immersion sets have issues, apparently. I never bought DSOTM immersion, but I do own the WYWH immersion (US). Maybe I need to check it out, just to be sure.

I was really surprised that WYWH SACD started being sold in December without any official publicity coming from Pink Floyd. Finally yesterday they uploaded the piece of news in PF's Facebook.
I would have expected some more bells and whistles from PF...

True.

But I must say I find it an encouraging sign that SOMEone has decided it’s worthwhile for them to put some more product out into the marketplace once the first batch has sold out and then can only be found as used copies for ridiculous prices.

The other benefit of this release is that at least the disc won't end up being defective(y)

Back