Film & Television score music...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me John Williams is the don... So many brilliant melodies that match the films themselves; without the score they would be a missing a lot... But I'd also like to give a shout out to another John... John Barry! Yes James Bond/John Barry! He also did Midnight Cowboy... Which funnily enough can actually be heard in Quad thanks to this death metal DV title :giggle:

You can't beat the trusty Ford Model T for reliability hey Ralph?! ;)

You mean the one they gunned down Bonnie and Clyde In?

bonnie_and_clyde_1.jpg

With an aftermarket ELS Studio Premium Audio System aftermarket fitted of course!

BTW, Smithers, this photo of Bonnie and Clyde was taken after they knocked off the Prickly Pear Brewery in Blue Balls, Pennsylvania! And yes, there is an Intercourse and Blue Balls in the State of Pennsylvania, USA!

5915e0966dac0.image.jpg

BTW, Smithers, this photo of Bonnie and Clyde was taken after they knocked off the Prickly Pear Brewery in Blue Balls, Pennsylvania! And yes, there is an Intercourse and Blue Balls in the State of Pennsylvania, USA!

5915e0966dac0.image.jpg

Haha! :ROFLMAO: It actually took a while to drop... If only I lived there! A great line to use under the mistletoe!

Haha! :ROFLMAO: It actually took a while to drop... If only I lived there! A great line to use under the mistletoe!

While you're whipping up that potent batch of organic mistletoe margaritas with a sprig of Scottish Heather.

BTW, Master Smithers, have a glorious holiday! I cherish our little cyber chats!

While you're whipping up that potent batch of organic mistletoe margaritas with a sprig of Scottish Heather.

BTW, Master Smithers, have a glorious holiday! I cherish our little cyber chats!

Whilst inhaling a new batch of Pennsylvania Mulled Wine... Agreed old bean! And I don't think there could be anyone better suited to comment on this thread... You probably have the most soundtracks here out of everyone on QQ? As the famous musical song goes... There is nothing like a Ralph... :cool:

Just received "Sunset Boulevard: The Classic Film Scores Of Franz Waxman", from Vocalion.
If you love classic Hollywood movie scores, this is a winner. The fidelity is fine and the surround sounds terrific on my system.
I'm a sucker for "The Bride Of Frankenstein" so I had to get this. Beautiful music and very dynamic as well. Highly recommended for movie music lovers. :smokin(y)

Just received "Sunset Boulevard: The Classic Film Scores Of Franz Waxman", from Vocalion.
If you love classic Hollywood movie scores, this is a winner. The fidelity is fine and the surround sounds terrific on my system.
I'm a sucker for "The Bride Of Frankenstein" so I had to get this. Beautiful music and very dynamic as well. Highly recommended for movie music lovers. :smokin(y)

Oh great...now even more stuff to collect. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Last edited:
Whilst inhaling a new batch of Pennsylvania Mulled Wine... Agreed old bean! And I don't think there could be anyone better suited to comment on this thread... You probably have the most soundtracks here out of everyone on QQ? As the famous musical song goes... There is nothing like a Ralph... :cool:

Master Smithers, I don't know if I have bragging rights to the most soundtracks....but betcha I have one of the largest DVD/BD~V/4K collections ... and what better way to celebrate SURROUND than viewing the actual movie itself.

It simply astounds me the care the major conglomerates and reissue companies like Twilight Time and especially Criterion invest in restoring cinema old and new for modern consumption with frame by frame restorations and repurposed 5.1 or Dolby Atmos soundtracks and in hindsight what little they charge for these minor miracles as opposed to Surround Music.

I mean $10 for a 4K movie....some in Native 3D with Dolby Atmos soundtracks. Breathtaking restorations of classic films like 1915's Birth of a Nation with restored tints and a brand new 5.1 soundtrack painstakingly recreated from the original score which accompanied the actual film for $15!

While there's only a scant few movie soundtracks released in 5.1 and most of them contain ambient rears ... watching the actual movie ... even in dolby stereo or lossless LPCM Mono, IMO, gives one a more expansive experience than one can derive from music only discs.

Yes, watching a movie does consume one's time but when one watches these gems in pristine quality probably unseen since the films were new is an awesome extravagance and with my new OPPO UHD 205 player which not only upsamples DVDs but 1080p to 4K, as well, that time is well spent.

Back