Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming October 4th from Criterion [Native UHD4K/LPCM Mono 48/24]. Is the 4K UPGRADE WORTH IT? READ ON:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Night-of-the-Living-Dead-4K-Blu-ray/320467/#Review

81Mqfr0y4JL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished watching director Matt Reeve's nearly 3 hour THE BATMAN on Warner's spectacular Native UHD4K disc! How did Twilight's Robert Pattison succeed in filling the DC comic's SUPERHERO shoes ...... I'd wager A+! Retro Batman as Detective .... rather than superhero ...... a disheveled mess wracked with guilt and pain ....still reeling from his parent's untimely murders. Now facing a new threat...this time the ominous Riddler [Paul Dano in a great psycho role]. Zoe Kravitz is Catwoman ....... and like Batman, vulnerable, angry and without direction. Together they attempt to unravel the mystery of who is killing all of Gotham City's crooked politicians. The local police have no use for either neophyte 'superhero' and view them with suspicion ....why, because all the police are crooked as well and under the misguided direction of The Penguin and local 'wise guys!' Kudos, as well, to a brilliant musical score by Michael Giacchino who has assigned specific themes to each character. Thumbs way up to Warner's reference 4K disc and ATMOS soundtrack. And a separate BD~V loaded with extras [which I have not yet watched]. A high recommendation and a new variant in the canon of the Batman Franchise.

71yjJHNX41L._SL1500_.jpg

Not sure Pulp Ficton needs a 4k treatment but yeah, I will be picking it up.
If your player and flatscreen monitor are FULLY capable of decoding/displaying HDR10 and DOLBY VISION and you love the film .... YOU NEED TO UPGRADE to 4K!

That's IF, Paramount doesn't screw up the transfer!

Last edited:
From KINO Lorber EDEN AND AFTER [1080p/DTS~HD MA 2.0 MONO] I will say the transfer was exceptional for a 1970's film and the Lossless MONO soundtrack decoded in ALL CHANNEL STEREO, equally robust.

From the darkly erotic imagination of Alain Robbe-Grillet (Trans-Europe-Express) comes EDEN AND AFTER, a dreamlike fable in which a group of decadent French students are drawn into the psychological and sexual games of a mysterious Dutchman (Pierre Zimmer). Once they imbibe his "fear powder," the students experience a series of hallucinatory episodes: ruminations on death, explorations of sexual curiosity, and striking tableaux of sadomasochistic fantasy.

product_2131.jpg

Back