Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warner Brothers will be celebrating their 100th Anniversary by releasing 30 of their classic films in UHD4K via a commemorative box set:

All of this is building toward a massive 30-film Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary 4K Studio Collection box set on 9/18 in the UK (the US street date would presumably be 9/19), that will include 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Casablanca (1942), Citizen Kane (1941), Cool Hand Luke (1967), East of Eden (1955), The Maltese Falcon (1941), Rebel Without a Cause (1955), Rio Bravo (1959), Singin’ in the Rain (1952), The Wizard of Oz (1939), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Batman (1989), Beetlejuice (1988), Blade Runner(1982), Enter the Dragon (1973), The Exorcist (1973), The Goonies (1985), Superman: The Movie (1978), The Shining (1980), Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971), A Star is Born (2018), Argo (2012), Elvis(2022), Goodfellas (1990), It (2017), Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), The Matrix (1999), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Training Day (2001), and Unforgiven (1992). You’ll also get a 8 pins featuring the different WB logo over time, a 32-page booklet and other premium extras. Here’s what the box will look like...

Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary 4K Studio Collection box set
A little disappointing considering most of these titles got a 4K release as far back as 2018!

I’ll have to wait for individual releases of Cool Hand Luke, The Exorcist, and Enter The Dragon.

A little disappointing considering most of these titles got a 4K release as far back as 2018!

I’ll have to wait for individual releases of Cool Hand Luke, The Exorcist, and Enter The Dragon.
I had a similar reaction! Have most of the titles on Native UHD4K and unless they reduce the price DRASTICALLY, really not a TOP PRIORITY!

At least they're also releasing two James Dean Classics: Rebel Without A Cause and East of Eden!

Hopefully it is released outside of that box set.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/102822-1200Now for that good catalog news: With Halloween nigh, it seems only fitting to report something I’m hearing from multiple industry sources now: Warner plans to debut William Friedkin’s The Exorcist (1973) on 4K Ultra HD in 2023—both the Original Theatrical Version and The Extended Director’s Cut. That should spin some heads. The release is obviously timed to celebrate the film’s 50th anniversary next year. Keep in mind, this isn’t official until the studio announces the release themselves, but as I’ve said, I’m hearing it from multiple reliable sources now, so it looks like it’s really happening. No idea what the street date might be, but we’ll keep you posted on any developments in the months ahead.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/020623-1330They’re already up for pre-order on Amazon UK (click here, here, here, here, here, and here) with street dates of 4/3 (for Maltese Falcon and Cool Hand Luke) and 4/17 (for Rebel without a Cause) respectively, which suggests that the US dates have shifted to 4/4 and 4/18 (from the previously anticipated 4/11 and 4/25). But we’ll know for sure when Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment makes their official announcements, which we expect to happen any day now.
1675802648938.png

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/020623-1330They’re already up for pre-order on Amazon UK (click here, here, here, here, here, and here) with street dates of 4/3 (for Maltese Falcon and Cool Hand Luke) and 4/17 (for Rebel without a Cause) respectively, which suggests that the US dates have shifted to 4/4 and 4/18 (from the previously anticipated 4/11 and 4/25). But we’ll know for sure when Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment makes their official announcements, which we expect to happen any day now.
View attachment 88353
Has there been an actor since Paul Newman who is ALWAYS cool? I can't think of one.

There was once a Youtube channel (I can't find it anymore) that had loads of Roddy McDowall's home movies (no audio). I've managed to find this one (not sure where the rest went):

There was a comment on an old video that said, "Everyone thinks they're the coolest guy at the party until Paul Newman shows up".

Hilarious and true!

Has there been an actor since Paul Newman who is ALWAYS cool? I can't think of one.

There was once a Youtube channel (I can't find it anymore) that had loads of Roddy McDowall's home movies (no audio). I've managed to find this one (not sure where the rest went):

There was a comment on an old video that said, "Everyone thinks they're the coolest guy at the party until Paul Newman shows up".

Hilarious and true!

Steve McQueen?

Had a chance to watch this classic spaghetti western last night for the first time in decades.

I was totally in awe at how gorgeous it looked, especially the wide scenes in Monument Valley Utah and Arizona. Seems like Scorsese and the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress selected it for preservation in 2009. May be old news for some here, but it was total treat.

The widescreen cinematography was by Tonino Delli Colli, and the acclaimed film score was by Ennio Morricone.

1675970435326.png

Had a chance to watch this classic spaghetti western last night for the first time in decades.

I was totally in awe at how gorgeous it looked, especially the wide scenes in Monument Valley Utah and Arizona. Seems like Scorsese and the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress selected it for preservation in 2009. May be old news for some here, but it was total treat.

The widescreen cinematography was by Tonino Delli Colli, and the acclaimed film score was by Ennio Morricone.

View attachment 88407
According to the digital bits, Paramount is preparing a new 4K remaster of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST and it will hopefully be released soon on the Paramount Presents series

For WARNER BROTHERS 100th Anniversary, they are releasing a 100 films in Blu Ray [NOT 4K] consigned to four different categories. Release date is April 2023:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32113
LOL... anyone that would be a serious enough movie fan/collector to buy such a massive collection, most likely has most of these movies alredy. The one's they don't have, they probably don't want.

LOL... anyone that would be a serious enough movie fan/collector to buy such a massive collection, most likely has most of these movies alredy. The one's they don't have, they probably don't want.
Yeah, I reckon. Packaging looks like it'll result in a disc scratchfest too. Manufacturers can barely release a 2-disc set without messing something up and having to do a replacement program. This gigantic set looks like a quality control nightmare. But it won't be cos no one does quality control anymore.

TRAIN TO BUSAN [Upscaled UHD4K/HDR 10/Dolby Vision/Korean: Dolby Atmos/English: DTS~HD MA 5.1] IN A WORD EXCELLENT! Way beyond what I expected......Pic and sound are TOP NOTCH. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Part of Amazon's current buy 1 get one for 1/2 price sale [now sale priced @ $13.99 @ Amazon]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Train-to-Busan-4K-Blu-ray/325001/#Review
71bCTKTLY+L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back