Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've seen the Old Man And The Sea, but I have loved the book since I first read it as a teenager
Hemmingway himself hand picked Spencer Tracy for the role of the old man and haven't seen it in years but likewise read the book and if memory serves an awesome production, Mr. Dunc...or as they say across the pond A SLAM DUNK!

From Universal and director M. Night Shyamalan KNOCK AT THE CABIN [Native UHD4K/Dolby Vision/HDR10/Dolby Atmos]

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/114493/knockatthecabin4kultrahdbluray.html
Knock at the Cabin (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) [4K UHD]

Last edited:
From Bill at thedigitalbits
The chance to get any more Kurosawa on 4K Ultra HD simply can’t be missed! Per Criterion, Dreams features a new “4K digital restoration, supervised by cinematographer Shoji Ueda, with [a] 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.” Hopefully, this is just the start of a full slate of Kurosawa 4K releases from Criterion. It’s worth noting that several classic Kurosawa films are now being released on the format in Japan, though unfortunately without English subtitles.

you know? the funniest thing happened...we were watching "What we do in the Shadows" the USA series and the human "psychic Vampire", Colin Anderson, was being his boring self explaining that the "smoothing" motion should be used for sports but not for movies (or something like that), and it clicked all of a sudden...
"HEY! I should look if my TV has that feature!"

So, after looking around I found that in my Samsung, you press MENU and go into the "Picture" section and you go to the Auto Motion Plus and select "SMOOTH".. and voilà!!!!
I am watching all of my faves again, and it looks awesome, it looks like the frame rate doubled!

So , back to the drawing board and watch my perennial fave, but only on BD cause I have no 4K player..yet!
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fifth-Element-4K-Blu-ray/171526/

If you have Amazon Prime I highy advise you watch AIR now streaming in 4K/ATMOS .....a delightful almost 2 hour romp through the deal that scored NIKE an exclusive lucrative contract with NBA superstar Michael Jordan. Expertly directed by Ben Affleck who has a featured role along with pal Matt Damon, Justin Bateman, Chris Tucker, Chris Messina and an excellent Viola Davis [as Jordan's mother] and featuring an amazing soundtrack of pop/rock standards,
I thoroughly enjoyed this 'underdog' story.

https://wtop.com/entertainment/2023...amazon-prime-video-and-its-a-total-slam-dunk/

Have seen her twice in concert including 'hawking' her debut [and IMO, BEST ALBUM] in Syracuse, New York with a Mr. B. Manilow on piano and Melissa Manchester as back~up singer! REALLY Hope THE DIVINE MISS M is part of RHINO's renewed QUADIO BD~A rollout at some point. A TRUE classic in every sense of the word!

Back