Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DEAL ALERT The Sopranos The Complete Series [28 BD~V discs/DTS~HD MA 5.1] $34.99 @ Amazon US

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Sopranos-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/268736/
Amazing deal for you Americans, unfortunately it’s sitting at $197 on Amazon Canada.

I got the DVD set for $50 which I’ve never even opened, one of these days I’ll get around to watching this show, I’ve only seen the first couple episodes but it’s right up my alley in terms of what I like.

Obviously one of AmazonUS' FLASH SALES. I posted the deal alert immediately and ordered a copy and according to Amazon it WILL be delivered tomorrow by 10 PM via Amazon PRIME!

28 1080p BD~V discs in lossless 5.1 in a sturdy slipcase for $34.99 ...... less than a single Stereo SACD from Analogue Production's new Steely Dan reissues [$35 each]

An Offer I couldn't refuse! How do they do it?

Last edited:
Digitalbits reappraisal of Kevin Reynolds' WATERWORLD in Native UHD4K from Arrow Video

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/waterworld-arrow-2023-uhd
91PMgmCgyxL._SL1500_.jpg

Ok 4ears Ive got to see this new 3D.....
However the store is selling it for $32 and Im only going to watch it once maybe twice so Ill wait to see if he price drops on release.
You mean they didnt save the original camera negative of this valuable property?????

My wife has the DVD set, and IIRC, the first few seasons of “The Sopranos” were shot before 1080i TV was around. My Oppo upscales them pretty good, so no need to spend more money in stuff I’m already satisfied with. Besides, they’ve been sitting on the shelf for five years.

My wife has the DVD set, and IIRC, the first few seasons of “The Sopranos” were shot before 1080i TV was around. My Oppo upscales them pretty good, so no need to spend more money in stuff I’m already satisfied with. Besides, they’ve been sitting on the shelf for five years.
I mean, maybe, but they were shot on film so it doesn't really matter.
My 28 disc set should arrive TODAY! As Rolling Stone Magazine quipped

Tony Soprano
Carmela Soprano
Jennifer Melfi
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri

Christopher Moltisanti
Sopranos
Sopranos
Greatest TV Show of All Time

I'm glad to see the transfer is excellent, but I'm still incredibly miffed that the 4K BD doesn't have HFR. No buy for me without HFR.
Jack, are you referring to HDR10? the 4K disc does lack Dolby Vision!

edit: Sorry I misunderstood...you were obviously referring to the 60fps the film was projected at in theaters! Unfortunately not but the image does fill up the entire screen so they must've used the IMAX version!

Last edited:
Back