Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you say..."CASTLE"?????
stana-katic.jpg

I have all of the eight seasons on DVD...TWICE!!!...one in Madrid and one here...
Awesome series and with a very discrete soundtrack too...

Should have been released on BD..

63-Stana-Katic-Sexy-Pictures-Are-Heavenly-1.jpg

...oops! how did some other Stana pics sneak in here again???? oh well...can never have enough Stana pics ...yeah, I like them like Nick Charles; "lanky brunettes with wicked jaws"...
You're a HOWL, and your post got me MOVING!

Oh, my sweet (La vie de) Jésus, not only is this release yet another 2.0 mix, you already posted this same announcement on 25 November! Have you been smoking mistletoe again? :smokin

In that case, Herr Clement, you can turn off the sound and read the subtitles ..... YOU CAN READ, CAN'T YOU?

At the time of my original post, I hadn't yet seen the movie. But watched it last night. An interesting disturbing FIRST FILM from French Director Bruno Dumont!

And BTW, also watched my STEREO BD~V of Kenny Wayne Shepherd's STRAIGHT TO YOU LIVE last night and my AVR automatically engaged DTS NEO 6 and sent it to ALL speakers and the video and Sound was phenomenol. His version of Hendrix's VooDoo Child [Slight Return] was worth the price of admission.

So THERE:p

Last edited:
In that case, Herr Clement, you can turn off the sound and read the subtitles ..... YOU CAN READ, CAN'T YOU?

At the time of my original post, I hadn't yet seen the movie. But watched it last night. An interesting disturbing FIRST FILM from French Director Bruno Dumont!

And BTW, also watched my STEREO BD~V of Kenny Wayne Shepherd's STRAIGHT TO YOU LIVE last night and my AVR automatically engaged DTS NEO 6 and sent it to ALL speakers and the video and Sound was phenomenol. His version of Hendrix's VooDoo Child [Slight Return] was worth the price of admission.

So THERE:p
Well, if you watched it, why in the funk didn't you give us an assessment?!? Your insight is invaluable to your QQ comrades--a recoRAMdation carries a LOT of weight with me! Even your short description of what Shepherd accomplishes with "VooDoo Child [Slight Return]" has me ready to drop some more $! Tell us more about La vie de Jésus, Herr RAMstein! You may even be rewarded with some (y)

Well, if you watched it, why in the funk didn't you give us an assessment?!? Your insight is invaluable to your QQ comrades--a recoRAMdation carries a LOT of weight with me! Even your short description of what Shepherd accomplishes with "VooDoo Child [Slight Return]" has me ready to drop some more $! Tell us more about La vie de Jésus, Herr RAMstein! You may even be rewarded with some (y)

As to be expected from Criterion, the picture was awesome and the sound was indeed STEREO [according to my OPPO 205] but there was nothing in the surrounds.......DTS Neo 6 why did you abandon ME?

For his first film, director Dumont chose an unknown to play the lead Freddy. And in the supplements, Dumont explains that he based his screenplay on the life of Jesus as a mortal not as a divinity which I found interesting. As Jesus wandered, so do our protagonists/antagonists .... rather aimlessly, at that. There's some pretty graphic sex, as well and life in a small French town was portrayed with a large degree of ennui.

And even in 1997 when the film was released, rampart racism against the burgeoning Arab Population in France was readily apparent....which makes it sadly relevant as a contemporary time capsule into the Nationalism embraced by the French to this very day.

Will I watch this film again. Absolutely. Is it worth adding to one's collection ....... WEE, MSSR HERR CLEMENT!

i was jonesing for some Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons, and i saw this on the shelf
1607791443156.png

Must be at least a dozen years since i watched this, so i'd never watched it with the surround track! I didn't remember the movie as being so dialogue-driven (my only recollections were of the fight . . . well, and the obligatory training montage!). The Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track makes nice use of the soundstage in Rocky's restaurant, on the streets, and ESPECIALLY in the ring, where it really (can you feel it coming) packs a PUNCH! Bill Conti's soundtrack also shines in surround! Solid!
https://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/rocky-balboa/https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/27067/rocky-balboa/

Last night I had the pleasure of watching Vinegar Syndrome's Native UHD4K Restoration/Remaster of Don Coscarelli's THE BEASTMASTER in an absolutely stunnning transfer replete with a lossless 5.1 discrete repurposing of the original Stereo elements. Photographed by master lensman John Alcott [Clockwork Orange], except for a bit of grain inherent to the original negative, I have never seen this incredibly enjoyable film look so ravishing. This is a very limited deluxe edition which comes in a sturdy magnetically clasped box with glossy booklet and also includes the BD~V and a bonus BD~V of special features. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

See the source image

This Miyazaki masterpiece is now available in a sleek steelbook!
1608040994033.png

Same great DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack as the 2017 Blu-ray release--the soundstage is nicely utilized in all of the action scenes and Joe Hisaishi's soundtrack sounds wonderful in surround! Highly recommended!
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Princess-Mononoke-Blu-ray/272848/#Review

Back