FLEETWOOD MAC TUSK DELUXE EDITION WITH 5.1 SURROUND DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep...but some are reluctant to order from the UK...not me...but some feel that way..it's only gone up a few dollars...the price now is $63.74 delivered
Like me. Just paranoid that I will receive a wrong region disc. No problem with a U S distributor. That's why I ordered both Fleetwood Mac and Allman Brothers domestically. My Fleetwood Mac is on it's way from Import cd.

Can anyone yet chime in on the region coding thing?

I ordered from the UK site and mine is on the way (to California) as the price was just too good to pass up and I have been *dieing* for surround sound for this album since the day I bought my first DVD-A (Rumours) when it was first released.

I will be beyond pissed if region coding becomes an issue for me...I think at least one of my players is universal, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, I may have to rewire the output configuration so that I can hear the DTS/5.1 digital output (assuming that the surround disc is going to be a DVD-V and not DVD-A which is what I'm hearing currently)...

Just not enough digital inputs on my current receiver is all ;) ...

Jon

I ordered from the UK site and mine is on the way (to California) as the price was just too good to pass up and I have been *dieing* for surround sound for this album since the day I bought my first DVD-A (Rumours) when it was first released.

I will be beyond pissed if region coding becomes an issue for me...I think at least one of my players is universal, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, I may have to rewire the output configuration so that I can hear the DTS/5.1 digital output (assuming that the surround disc is going to be a DVD-V and not DVD-A which is what I'm hearing currently)...

Jon
I'm not saying the disc from Amazon Uk is the wrong region. I'm sure you are OK. I'm just being overly cautious. If it was a DVD Audio then I would not be worried as they play on all machines.

I'm not saying the disc from Amazon Uk is the wrong region. I'm sure you are OK. I'm just being overly cautious. If it was a DVD Audio then I would not be worried as they play on all machines.

I hope you're right. :)

I just happened to check my credit card bill today, and oddly it appears as though I am being charged the US dollar amount that was originally listed in the British pound amount on my original order.

In other words, I'm being charge $43 US dollars rather than 43 pounds.

If this holds true in the end, I'll certainly won't complain :D.

Jon

I just happened to check my credit card bill today, and oddly it appears as though I am being charged the US dollar amount that was originally listed in the British pound amount on my original order.

Jon

I'm curious...did you happen to order Idlewild South from amazon UK..maybe that is the charge for it on your card and not Tusk...

I'm curious...did you happen to order Idlewild South from amazon UK..maybe that is the charge for it on your card and not Tusk...

Oops...my mistake...the $43 was for another Blu-ray set I had ordered for a TV show.

Looks like I haven't been charged on the card just yet for the Tusk set. I got in when the price was 37.5 pounds (40.5 pounds with the shipping) so that should be about $61 US dollars.

Jon

Jon

I just checked my Amazon Uk transaction and it is in AUD $84.73

Jon
It's pretty easy to burn a DVD copy and flip the region code to 0.

I'd hope your DVD player outputs 5.1 out of its RCA jacks like they all do as - I've seen anyway.

Most places I've seen are saying its DVD-A or DVD-Audio which would be excellent of course

My copy of Tusk arrived today and listening now, albeit at subdued levels, but on first impression does seem to be a decent mix. However I can confirm that the 5.1 is only in DTS 96/24 with the stereo version in 96/24 PCM. The surround mix is by Ken Caillat, who mixed Rumours and which I have always liked. The mastering by Steve Hall at Future Disc. Although not the standard of quality that we would have hoped for nevertheless it is a very pleasant presentation. I shall give it a full listen at my normal listening levels in the next couple of days and add my rating. Overall I am really enjoying this first listen of the 5.1 album. I just wish I hadn't had to purchase the vinyl to get it!

My copy of Tusk arrived today and listening now, albeit at subdued levels, but on first impression does seem to be a decent mix. However I can confirm that the 5.1 is only in DTS 96/24 with the stereo version in 96/24 PCM. The surround mix is by Ken Caillat, who mixed Rumours and which I have always liked. The mastering by Steve Hall at Future Disc. Although not the standard of quality that we would have hoped for nevertheless it is a very pleasant presentation. I shall give it a full listen at my normal listening levels in the next couple of days and add my rating. Overall I am really enjoying this first listen of the 5.1 album. I just wish I hadn't had to purchase the vinyl to get it!

Does the DVD have region 0(all regions) on the disc or packaging?

Does the DVD have region 0(all regions) on the disc or packaging?

It's audio only so as it has no video I doubt region encoding is applicable. I have finished my first listen and I really quite like it despite the lack of MLP. Then again I really really like the two Yazoo albums which are only in DTS 96/24. By comparison the stereo 96/24 PCM doesn't seem to have the clarity of the surround mix even though it plays at 5 Mbps v 2 Mbps for the DTS. Maybe my disc player has a particularly good DTS DAC.

Anyway I can recommend it as a good surround mix but the price is still a bit hard to swallow.

There's so much I want to say here but I am sitting on my hands since I don't want to derail this thread...!!!

.... but if I can just say that I doubt the stereo sounding inferior to the surround has much to do with the quality of DTS decoder used in your rig..
and now I'll shuffle off to another thread :eek:

There's so much I want to say here but I am sitting on my hands since I don't want to derail this thread...!!!

.... but if I can just say that I doubt the stereo sounding inferior to the surround has much to do with the quality of DTS decoder used in your rig..
and now I'll shuffle off to another thread :eek:

To be honest, I doubt it too. In any event I won't be listening to it stereo again on my main system so it is merely academic. When there is a 5.1 version the stereo version doesn't get a look in at home. Stereo is generally reserved for the car.

It's audio only so as it has no video I doubt region encoding is applicable. I have finished my first listen and I really quite like it despite the lack of MLP. Then again I really really like the two Yazoo albums which are only in DTS 96/24. By comparison the stereo 96/24 PCM doesn't seem to have the clarity of the surround mix even though it plays at 5 Mbps v 2 Mbps for the DTS. Maybe my disc player has a particularly good DTS DAC.

Anyway I can recommend it as a good surround mix but the price is still a bit hard to swallow.

Actually I pre ordered it from amazon UK as soon as it was available...I didn't think it would be an issue...BUT...unfortunately some members who live in the US were afraid that it would not play in their machines...that's why I posed the question...I hate to see someone play much more for a release than is required...

To be honest, I doubt it too. In any event I won't be listening to it stereo again on my main system so it is merely academic. When there is a 5.1 version the stereo version doesn't get a look in at home. Stereo is generally reserved for the car.

Same here! (although I can't drive so the stereo for the car in your situation is the stereo in the earbuds on the iPod chez moi :phones )

Speaking of iPod I transferred the entire download (equal to 5 CDs I think) to my iPad. Had to convert it to 24/48 ALAC first. I've got about 5GB left of available space on the 32GB drive.

My copy turned up today (another of the scary pre-orders!), looks good, the book isn't bad either, and the fact that the discs are in cardboard sleeves inserted into the 'book' is good so they're not scratched (I've put mine in the thin plastic sleeves into the cardboard ones to be doubly sure). I've added it to somewhat increasing 'to listen to' 5.1 pile, a nice situation to be in with the Xmas holidays coming up :banana:

A picture of the back of the set (from eBay):
s-l1600.jpg

Back