Great Forum for everything quad and 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelb2un

Hello all. I am 67 and have been listening to quad since the first quad eight tracks were introduced in the 70's. I still have some of the old Moody Blues quad eight track tapes. They had some of the best discreet separation. I was in a prog band back in 1977 and the quad mixes really helped at separating out the individual parts for songs we wanted to perform. Anyway, after years of nothing. I finally found an Oppo Blu-ray with SACD and DVD-A. Then around 2011, I discovered a Sony after-market automotive deck (the MEX-DV2200) that FINALLY would play SACD, DVD-Video with DTS or Dolby Digital in 5.1. I still have that in my Dodge Dakota, but the removable front control panel is now getting glitchy with the main unit. Of course Sony quit making this unit and so far I don't of anyone else who is. I needed a new vehicle as my 02 Dakota is getting long in the tooth, so last year in 2021 I found a 2012 Acura MDX with ELS DVD-A. I really like it, I just wish it would play more than DVD-A and DTS CDs. I just read Jon Urban's post about 5.1 FLAC and WAV files on USB stick which prompted me to join this forum.

Hello all. I am 67 and have been listening to quad since the first quad eight tracks were introduced in the 70's. I still have some of the old Moody Blues quad eight track tapes. They had some of the best discreet separation. I was in a prog band back in 1977 and the quad mixes really helped at separating out the individual parts for songs we wanted to perform. Anyway, after years of nothing. I finally found an Oppo Blu-ray with SACD and DVD-A. Then around 2011, I discovered a Sony after-market automotive deck (the MEX-DV2200) that FINALLY would play SACD, DVD-Video with DTS or Dolby Digital in 5.1. I still have that in my Dodge Dakota, but the removable front control panel is now getting glitchy with the main unit. Of course Sony quit making this unit and so far I don't of anyone else who is. I needed a new vehicle as my 02 Dakota is getting long in the tooth, so last year in 2021 I found a 2012 Acura MDX with ELS DVD-A. I really like it, I just wish it would play more than DVD-A and DTS CDs. I just read Jon Urban's post about 5.1 FLAC and WAV files on USB stick which prompted me to join this forum.
Sounds like you're in the right place now :hi

this excellent primer from our most excellent man @HomerJAU may be of some help to you-

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/converting-mch-discs-101-overview.22384/

Welcome! Congrats on the MDX! I'd love to situate myself similarly someday!
:SB
Thanks Edison. I was lucky in that I had been keeping an eye on this car, and they had just lowered the price about $1,500. I jumped on it. This was maybe two or three weeks before the big price increase of used cars in America last year. So, yeah I did ok

It is fun to turn Acura owners/dealers onto 5.1 that they didnā€™t know existed. I bought a 2021 TLX. Two salesmen were amazed when I dropped in my flash drive. So was the guy who had the same model TLX who delivered groceries. And my climbing buddy and my sonā€™s mother in law who have older models with DTS disc players.

Back