Guess Who, Greatest Hits, Vol. 1, Q8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquadad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Hello,

Just got this Q8 and noticed that there isn't a poll for it. Or, if there is I couldn't find it. For those of you who have it, does it seem to be unbalanced toward the rears to you? It bugged me to the point that I reversed the front and rear channels coming out of the deck. This made it sound much better to my ears. They had a lot of fun panning things all around on several songs and moving things from channel to channel. It just seems that they couldn't figure out how to lay out a good foundation to begin from. Be curious to know if anyone else thinks swapping the front and rear channels on this tape improves the listening experience for you too.

I have tried to do a conversion of the Guess Who tapes many times. The GH tapes have never made me satisfied. Mike Cunningham swears that the Q4 is an inferior mix to the Q8. I looked into it and found some differences, but it could have been just the levels.

"Clap for the Wolfman", from "Road Food", however, is AWESOME!!

I have almost all the GuessWho Q8's (only missing #10) and I hadn't noticed much difference between the Best of Q8 and Q4. What are some of the differences??

I was pretty choked when I found "Artificial Paradise" was fake Quad. (Though I had been warned!)

Were some of the earlier albums recorded on only 4 or 8-track? Some of the Q8 mixes of the early albums are pretty feeble with not much seperation and always one instrument bouncing all over the place.

Hello,

Just got this Q8 and noticed that there isn't a poll for it. Or, if there is I couldn't find it.

There wasn't...until now! :smokin

Anyone who wants an old quad title in the polls, just PM me with the request. Easily done! Just have to find the time to relisten to some of them so I can post myself...:mad:@:

ED :)

Back