Happy New Year 2022!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Gene. We’ll be married 35 years on January 10th. My only regret is that we chose to get married during the football playoff season.

Happy New Year everybody.
Married 34 years ...

No regrets, as chose Feb 21st when my footy team were playing away from home. :D

Although the registrar did wonder why we were not getting married on Valentines Day!!

I explained that we liked to keep the special dates separate...

The real reason was that my footy team had an important home game that Saturday...:ROFLMAO:

The path to true love ❤

Happy New Year to all, the cool thing about this thread is I know all of you and have interacted with all, definitely a family vibe, just like a real family.
Since I bought my new car, 2021 Challenger RT Shaker, I have been laying low on QQ, still lurk every single day.
I go to another forum called "Challenger Talk". As I write this I am listening to a upmix 4.0 of Gasoline Alley, sure would like to see some Rod the Bod box sets with surround.
IMG_1442.jpg

Happy New Year to all, the cool thing about this thread is I know all of you and have interacted with all, definitely a family vibe, just like a real family.
Since I bought my new car, 2021 Challenger RT Shaker, I have been laying low on QQ, still lurk every single day.
I go to another forum called "Challenger Talk". As I write this I am listening to a upmix 4.0 of Gasoline Alley, sure would like to see some Rod the Bod box sets with surround.
View attachment 74863
She’s a beauty for sure. But, be careful. I’ve read that Red cars have the highest speeding tickets. o_O

5010B44E-50BF-4A52-B65B-FB009E515186.jpeg

Here is my Niece’s brand new shaker.

View attachment 74863
She sure looks purdy...
And has a go faster stripe...
But does it Shaker, Rattler and Roller? :D

You challenger fans have seen this documentary? If not, it's good!

They explain that that owner/car is why the shaker hood became an option anyone could buy.

Ironically, he never bothered installing it, once he won the court case!

Last edited:
Agreed its just another day for me. I'm just happy to be alive and with someone who cares about me.

But anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR to the QQ'ers
You folks who still have someone who has been with you for many years and cares and loves you are very very lucky….lost my wife/best friend July 1. 2021 and mom Oct. 24, 2020 it’s just been a very very hard couple of years for me. Treasure all the time you have with you significant others. Sorry for the downer moment😭

You folks who still have someone who has been with you for many years and cares and loves you are very very lucky….lost my wife/best friend July 1. 2021 and mom Oct. 24, 2020 it’s just been a very very hard couple of years for me. Treasure all the time you have with you significant others. Sorry for the downer moment😭
Wow, Good Lord, sorry to hear this. What an incredible loss... :(

Man you've had it tough...:cry:

But, somehow, you've maintained your sense of humour on QQ.

So many of us see QQ as our wider family, with the kindness, helpfulness and banter that we show to one another.

Long may it continue, I say. :love:

And here, I thought everyone welcomed the New Year at the same time. 🤦‍♂️

Oh! no!

You are forgetting that the earth rotates to produce day and night. The sun is shining on only one side of the earth at any time.

There are two lines that determine where it is a certain date:

- The line that moves around the earth to delineate midnight. All of the time zones bordering one side of it have times after 12 midnight, and all of the time zones bordering the other side of it have times before midnight.

- The International Date Line determines where any calendar date starts and where it ends.

The International Date Line is nominally 180 degrees longitude (opposite the Prime Meridian of 0 degrees longitude). But has bends in it so entire countries that cross the 180 degrees meridian have the same date throughout their borders.

This simplified image is from International Date Line - Wikipedia - each color is one date.
The red line is the simplified date line and rotates with the earth. The midnight point is the point at the bottom away from the sun.

Dateline-animation-3deg-borderonly-180px.gif

There are 27 time zones from +14 to -12. Three of them (+12 and -12, +13 and -11, and +14 and -10) have the same clock time, but different dates.

My favorite way of demonstrating the progression of a date change is to follow the Santa Claus delivery route:
Santa follows 12 midnight around the world to match the point on the earth. directly away from the sun.

- Santa's first stop is Kiritimati (Christmas) Island in Kiribati. This happens when it is 10 AM 12/24 in London and 5 AM 12/24 in New York.
- Santa arrives in London at 12 M 12/25. It is 2 PM 12/25 in Kiritimati and 7 PM 12/24 in New York.
- Santa arrives in New York at 12 M 12/25. It is 7 PM 12/25 in Kiritimati and 5 AM 12/25 in London.
- Santa finishes at Baker Island at 12 M 12/25. It is 2 AM 12/26 in Kiritimati, 12 N 12/25 in London 7 AM 12/27 in New York.

It takes 27 hours to complete the route. Imagine Santa being near the 24:00 / 0:00 point on the diagram, starting and ending at the date line..

New Years follows the same sequence.

Note that for 3 hours every day, three dates exist on the earth at the same time. When it is 11 am in London on Dec 24, it is 1 am on Dec 25 on Kiritimati, and 11 pm on Dec 23 on Baker Island.

Last edited:
Back