HDMI Multichannel De-Embedding

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I try to steer clear of devices that look too good to be true at their asking price.
I can recommend the AudioPraise VanityPro (AudioPraise VanityPRO HDMI audio extractor)
Another one that LOOK$ to be a killer is the Arvus H2-4D.
High end equipment like the Vanity PRO has got to beat the pants off a $20-50 box! But the price!

I actually bought one of those cheaper boxes some time ago, but have not used it yet. I forget now exactly what I was planning to do with it, possibly to convert the HDMI from my cable box to analogue 5.1/7.1. I guess I'll have to try it out one day. For now I simply take the optical out from the TV and convert that to audio (with a similar cheap converter box) to feed the S&IC or QSD-1. Remember when TV's actually had RCA connectors to feed audio to a stereo amp?

A converter box to convert anything to anything???? Lossless????

It will never happen for these reasons:
- Patents and copyrights
- Incompatible formats
- Different bit rates

It is impossible to make a lossless conversion from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz.

- Patents and copyrights
- Incompatible formats
- Different bit rates

It is impossible to make a lossless conversion from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz.
Never tested or used what comes out of the optical port of the de-embedder, just the analog.

- Patents and copyrights
- Incompatible formats
- Different bit rates
It would be a nice idea... I was hoping eARC would have given us more flexibility transcoding both lossy and lossless audio formats to LPCM on TV's. But sadly a few TV brands have elected to drop support for DTS and WMA altogether.

Of course, the holy grail would be a box that could transcode Atmos (and DTS:X) meta-data to LPCM too.

pretty sure the topic of the thread is vanilla MCH dacs with hdmi inputs (aka audio de-embedders). Of course we all wish they decoded everything from Atmos to hieroglyphs, but decoding is not what they do. LPCM to Analog and the rest of the business needs to be sorted out further up the line.

pretty sure the topic of the thread is vanilla MCH dacs with hdmi inputs (aka audio de-embedders). Of course we all wish they decoded everything from Atmos to hieroglyphs, but decoding is not what they do. LPCM to Analog and the rest of the business needs to be sorted out further up the line.
Given that some de-embedders are able to transcode lossy Dolby Digital and DTS bitstreams to LPCM, they are decoding...

Given that some de-embedders are able to transcode lossy Dolby Digital and DTS bitstreams to LPCM, they are decoding...
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen one that will do that in MCH, do you have a link? Many will pass Dolby or DTS undecoded via hdmi out or downmix to stereo via SPDIF and garble their ad copy into making it seem like they properly decode.

Back